Making A Fondant Quilt???

Decorating By tiggerjo Updated 18 May 2009 , 6:25pm by umgrzfn

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all,
I am attempting a fondant quilt. I want to make individual blocks (cuz I am going to use markers for nautical items on them). After the blocks are done I was planning on attaching them to a base. I want it to look like a body is under the quilt. If I wait for the blocks to dry to draw on them, how will I make them "hump Up"? Hope this makes sense.

3 replies
BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 18 May 2009 , 6:01pm
post #2 of 4

Once they are dry I don't think you will be able to get them to flex without cracking and I am sure that after painting all of them you would not want that. Maybe you could make the squares, keep them under saran wrap so they do not dry out then piece it together on another thin piece of fondant and then lay it on whatever you are putting it over. When I do this i spread a circle of crisco on the surface I have my pieces sitting on and then lay the saran wrap down and it sticks to the shortening and keeps the air out. Just a thought. Also, you may find that using the small stitching wheel would make a nice stitched seam where your squares meet.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 18 May 2009 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 4

thank you beeboos. I can't free hand, how am i ever going to trace a pattern on a hump. I thought about placing my pattern on the block and then air brushing so i would have something to go by. I think doing that, will move the paper and i will surely have a mess.

umgrzfn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 18 May 2009 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

I don't know what you all are talking about "fondant quilt", beeboos, do you have a pic. It sounds really cool and would love to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%