American Cake Decorating Magazine Problems

Decorating By MORSELSBYMARK Updated 20 May 2009 , 4:15pm by Kimmers971

MORSELSBYMARK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MORSELSBYMARK Posted 17 May 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 17

Is anyone else having a hard time getting their issues by mail. I know it takes a bit longer because I live in Canada, but I had called April 1st to be told a replacement issue would be sent, and I'd have it in 2 weeks...6 weeks later and I have yet to receive my Feb/Mar issue. Not only that, it is halfway thru May and there is no mention of when the Apr/May issue will be shipped. I'd really like to know what's going on.

16 replies
superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 17 May 2009 , 11:10pm
post #2 of 17

They are always slow! I don't think about it anymore, I really don't know why they have such big problems!!!! It is a great magazine but they could end up down the drain as I know a lot of people have said they are not going to renew their subscriptions, it will be sad tho'.

cupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakes Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:26am
post #3 of 17

I had the same issue with them a few years back.
I renewed the magazine, they lost my check, they found my check and still I did not get the magazine and then I received 2 of the same one. It was quite disappointing and after that subscription ran out that was it for me!
Customer service is very important,

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:34am
post #4 of 17

Terrible service, magazines always late, not worth my time. I will never subscribe with them again!

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:37am
post #5 of 17

Well, I see nothing has changed. That's why I didn't renew two years ago!

Justbeck101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Justbeck101 Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #6 of 17

I believe they moved and it is down to minimal staff. It is worth the money, it is a good magazine. We just need to have some patience.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 18 May 2009 , 12:50am
post #7 of 17

i have been a customer for 12-13- years... i have never had a problem .. so far... renew .. get my magazine.,etc.. always love the magazine and will keep ordering as long as i don,t have a problem i am sorry , you all are having problems. don,t know why...

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 18 May 2009 , 4:25pm
post #8 of 17

I subscribed in January and got my first issue in March. I've read a lot about people having issues with them, but mine was fairly smooth.

I love the magazine too. Such detailed instructions on a varying array of topics.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 May 2009 , 1:39pm
post #9 of 17

Oops, I didn't realize there were two threads by the same person floating in this forum. I just posted on the other one.

Here's what I said in the other post -
Unfortunately, you are not alone. Everyone experiences this same thing with this company. I started my subscription to ACD in September and received my Dec issue at the end of January (4 1/2 months after I ordered it). I ordered my MBN the day after Christmas and got my first copy at the end of March (so 4 months). It really does take a long time to get them. I haven't had any trouble since they are both finally getting here now.

And I'm in the US. Just a couple of states from where they print them!

Here's the link to the other responses besides mine! http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-631909.html

elizadoolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizadoolittle Posted 19 May 2009 , 10:05pm
post #10 of 17

I wish i had read this before I paid my subscrpition to them. I have reported them to visa for fraud now as I have received nothing

Bakingangel Posted 20 May 2009 , 5:59am
post #11 of 17
Quote:
Quote:

They are not a fraudulent company. They just don't have their act together. New management might help.

Bakingangel Posted 20 May 2009 , 6:01am
post #12 of 17

Oops! Didn't mean to put my words in quotation box. Still learning how to navigate icon_redface.gif

elizadoolittle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elizadoolittle Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:39pm
post #13 of 17

If I pay an amount of money to someone and they do not supply the goods or service that I paid for and they continually ignore my correspondence then I deem this to be fraud. They have got their act together enough to accept my payment

SugarLover2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarLover2 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #14 of 17

Besides the ACD mag, is there another magazine that is good? I'd like to subscribe to one, but it sounds like I might want to skip the ACD.

SpringFlour Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SpringFlour Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:56pm
post #15 of 17

I didn't renew because I find so much more good info on this site. Plus, it was frustrating to me that I was always getting each magazine up to a month late. For example, they've got so many Christmas cake ideas...too bad they sent me the magazine in January.

I didn't renew, but they sent the next set of issues (ACD and MBN). I figured they had made a mistake, but I just received a nasty letter from them telling me that they received my renew request, but they were going to stop my subscription due to non-payment. icon_confused.gif I'll be giving them a call today.

thumbsdown.gif

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #16 of 17

I just checked my account status with ACD, and it tells me it mailed the April/May issue, but it's almost the end of May icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif Still no mag!!.

If a mag is issued for April/May, would it not make sense to mail either the last week of April or the first week of May?

Frustrating. icon_mad.gif

Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 20 May 2009 , 4:15pm
post #17 of 17

Actually if it's the April/May issue you should get it before April 1st. They are so far behind, I subscribed earlier this year and still don't have an issue to show for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%