Tiny Cutters

Decorating By yamber82 Updated 19 May 2009 , 5:54pm by fosterscreations

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:39pm
post #1 of 12

i have been looking for little heart and star cookie cutters for the little details in fondant and i can't find any. i mean reeeeally small. it's a pain to have to cut them out with a toothpick especially if i need several of them, does anybody know where to get them?

11 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 12

I use scrapbooking punches for really small ones. You have to roll it really thin and dust the punch with cornstarch but it makes nice sharp edges on the star and it makes a bunch fast.

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 17 May 2009 , 6:52pm
post #3 of 12

I'm not sure how small is small but I use the Linzer Cookie Cutters. I found two sets that I use all the time at Winners/HomeSense. The basic set has the star and the heart - they come in a set of six. They are not tiny tiny but are a good size for putting details on a cake.

To give you some perspective on the size, I used the heart on this cake (see middle tier above the side bow)...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1359022

And the same one for the inner heart on this cake...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1325796

HTH. icon_smile.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 May 2009 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 12

I think you are talking about plungers! CountryKitchen has them. Just go to their website and type plungers into the search button.

www.countrykitchensa.com

Rebecca78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rebecca78 Posted 17 May 2009 , 8:37pm
post #5 of 12

I know the Wilton Mini Fondant cutters have a small star.....Or are you still needing smaller? Hopefully it helps a little!! Good luck!!

KatieKake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieKake Posted 17 May 2009 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 12

check out this site for Kemper tools, pattern cutters, I think my smallest size is 1/4 inch, might actually be smaller than that.

http://www.kempertools.com/index.php?link=eCatalog&page=24

They are a plunge cutter, I have a set of star cutters, in various sizes, and I have a set with a heart, tear drop, circle and 5 petal cutter. very small. They are great, and you should be able to find them at Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or on the internet at their site.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 17 May 2009 , 9:45pm
post #7 of 12

tthere are some really tiny ones in the clay section at Hobby Lobby, only draw back is they dont have one rolled edge so both sides are going to be sharp, just use something to pad your finger.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 18 May 2009 , 5:46am
post #8 of 12

Hi, i bought this punch that had different shapes with it, i thought it was like one other i saw, but i think the one i have you use the punch right on the cake, but i just take my exacto knife and flick them out. they are really small, it might be just what you're looking for, i know it was a site from the U.S. maybe wilton, or e-bay.

idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 18 May 2009 , 8:09pm
post #9 of 12

There are some pretty small cutters in the clay section of different craft stores.

ninatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ninatat Posted 18 May 2009 , 10:45pm
post #10 of 12

Hi, i just checked and wilton has a floral cutter ejector set, mine has, a tiny bow and some others, so they might have another type of set to. oh wait i can check my checking account where i bought it. they are smaller than a dime hope this helps, i've only used them by using the exacto knife to take them out, it works good

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 19 May 2009 , 2:49pm
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninatat

Hi, i just checked and wilton has a floral cutter ejector set, mine has, a tiny bow and some others, so they might have another type of set to. oh wait i can check my checking account where i bought it. they are smaller than a dime hope this helps, i've only used them by using the exacto knife to take them out, it works good

Hmm... I wonder if you have to buy it on the internet? I went to Michael's yesterday and looked for the plungers there (even had the manager help me look) and couldn't find it. It might just be that this Michael's doesn't care them. Maybe other stores do. icon_confused.gif I can always order them from CK. It's just nice to be able to pick them up locally!

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 19 May 2009 , 5:54pm
post #12 of 12

Global sugar arts has some really great cutter sets in round, oval and square and have 12 cutters per set. I am going to get the square and round ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%