I Need Help On A Cake Due Today...please

Decorating By Jenthecakelady Updated 16 May 2009 , 6:00pm by JawdroppingCakes

Jenthecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenthecakelady Posted 16 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #1 of 4

I had an order for a 12" square graduation cake with royal and gold (school colors) gerber daisies. Well...I tried a gumpaste daisy and was going to do a gift box cake with the daisy as the center of the bow. It looked awful...won't go into details because they don't matter, so I tried to do them in BC and this is what came out. It looks worse than the first one. I don't know what to do to fix it. If anybody has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. TIA --Jen
LL

3 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:46pm
post #2 of 4

An idea is to pipe an inner border. I go with a finer tip than a larger tip--For this cake I might even stripe the bag to use both colors and just clip the tip off so it's just a round tip ( I use parchment bags)--I just make a scrolly type border and break where there's other decor--like at the flowers that overlap inot the inner border area.

But come in from the edge of the cake a good inch and a half-ish. Just be confident and artistic and practice on the bottom of the cake pan or on the table--don't be shy or tentative.

Just a thought for you.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 4

I agree..It doesn't look that bad just needs a colorful border.Do a striped one and it will make the flowers pop!!!

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 16 May 2009 , 6:00pm
post #4 of 4

You could een try this border that I have been trying. There is even the link that shows how to do it.
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-601257.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%