Lost Episode Aoc Humidity And Figures

Decorating By Win Updated 25 May 2009 , 3:48pm by Cake4ever

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:40pm
post #1 of 3

So, last night I was watching the rerun of AOC in Hawaii making the LOST cake. Anna and the girls were struggling with the Hawaiian humidity and the fact that it was making the hair slide off their figures, and blurring them out. I was working on a figure at the same time --that of a gentleman we know who has quite a 'patrician' nose. I worked until after midnight getting that stupid nose "just right." As I straightened my work space, I had a fleeting thought that our own humidity (it's been raining for days) might play with my figure overnight... I had the legs, torso, shoulders, head (and nose) all built and left them drying as a 'standing figure' only needing clothes and arms. Sure enough, this morning I went down to check on my figure and his whole torso separated from his legs! He was lying face down on my workbench. As I turned him over, I realized my sharply pointed patrician nose that I had worked so hard to perfect was now that of a pug's. icon_lol.gif I sooo feel the frustration with which Anna and crew were dealing. So, now it's back to the drawing board for me! Gotta go make a nose. icon_mad.gif

2 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 16 May 2009 , 11:34pm
post #2 of 3

Oh Win, I feel your pain!! It rained here for 5 days straight, then the last two days - sea fog!! icon_sad.gif I think it's time to bring the dehumidifier into the kitchen. I'm afraid to start on some parts for next week's cake...

Were you able to remake the nose?

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 25 May 2009 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 3

Oh no! Sorry he flopped over on you.

I can totally recommend a dehumidifier. It's a lifesaver.

Do you think a small fan blowing on low would help?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%