Why???

Decorating By Criola Updated 20 May 2009 , 3:57pm by FromScratch

mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:03pm
post #31 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

Before I found cc...and even still today...I am the google queen. I have googled everything from cake pans to where to purchase high ratio shortening. I just googled where to purchase dream whip for indydebi's buttercream recipe cuz it's nowhere to be found in Las Vegas.

I'm with bakermommy4 ... actually I thought I WAS the google queen. The other night I googled "how much sodium in a pinch of salt?" I never got an answer to that specific question, but I did learn how much sodium is in a teaspoon of salt AND a lot of sites telling me how bad salt is for me. icon_smile.gif

I realize that I sometimes post questions that have already been asked and answered, but I have a hard time with CC's search. I don't have time to go through all 734 pages of a thread (or 734 different threads) to find where my answer is hiding. Maybe I'm doing something wrong ... maybe someone could do a tutorial on how to use the CakeCentral Search. I spend the majority of my day online and I know how to search, but I have problems searching here. Therefore, sometimes I just ask the question again.

I do stop and think before posting a question that I know has been asked before. I hate to waste people's time and I am not doing it because I'm too lazy to look or too computer illiterate to do a search. I'm doing it because I searched and I did not find ... and I know that someone on CC has the answer for me and will be gracious enough to tell me what to do.

BTW, bakermommy4, did you find the Dream Whip? icon_biggrin.gif

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 19 May 2009 , 9:05pm
post #32 of 40

This is just too funny. I like many don't always answer because I feel like I won't answer good enough and that someone will post a better answer than mine.

bakermommy4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermommy4 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:41pm
post #33 of 40

Mbt...I found the dream whip on amazon and some other site, cant remember the name. But overall I've learned that in order to get it I would have to order it and have it shipped to me...and that sucks because I can only get it in bulk. I just want to try it out, dont wanna have 25lbs of it laying around.

mbt4955 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:52pm
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakermommy4

Mbt...I found the dream whip on amazon and some other site, cant remember the name. But overall I've learned that in order to get it I would have to order it and have it shipped to me...and that sucks because I can only get it in bulk. I just want to try it out, dont wanna have 25lbs of it laying around.

Why don't you start a new thread ... Dream Whip in Vegas - has anyone found it???? See what happens. Maybe someone on CC will know where you can find it without having to order. 25 pounds - I use it in almost all of my buttercream, but that is a LOT of Dream Whip. icon_smile.gif

Good luck!! thumbs_up.gif

bakermommy4 Posted 19 May 2009 , 11:59pm
post #35 of 40

Good idea Mbt...I think I'll try that.

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:21pm
post #36 of 40

I bet you already looked but just on the miniscule chance that someone didn't... Dream whip is on the shelf above the jello and pudding mixes right next to the Knox and no bake cheese cake box mixes in my regular grocery stores in my area. I hope you guys find it. icon_smile.gif

ziggytarheel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ziggytarheel Posted 20 May 2009 , 2:31pm
post #37 of 40

I did a quick look, but maybe I still missed it. Have you tried Walmart for Dream Whip? Every Super Walmart I've been in has it right there by the jello.

Also, I've found that many grocery stores are willing to order an item and begin to stock it, when approached about it.

bakermommy4 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:28pm
post #38 of 40

FOUND IT!!! Thanks to mbt...I snapped out of my my "dumb blonde" syndrome (no offense to any blondes here) and checked walmart and there it was...it even had a little glow around the box like it was from the heavens...or like it had been there all along and I just overlooked it like always....thanks everyone so much!!

mbt4955 Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:43pm
post #39 of 40

I love the "little glow." We need to let indydebi in on this one. Dream Whip sent straight from heaven to bakermommy4! icon_biggrin.gif

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 20 May 2009 , 3:57pm
post #40 of 40

OMG that link is brilliant. I am so going to use that in the future. icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%