Candied Fruit?? Or Marzipan

Decorating By momma28 Updated 15 May 2009 , 3:26am by momma28

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:08am
post #1 of 3

I am working with a bride who directed me to a picture in a bridal magazone for the cake she wants. Unfortunately it is one of those pics that is just the top corner of the cake...a little challenging to get the idea she has in her head from it. To me the cake looks as though it has fondant sculpted fruit covered in sugar crystals or the fruit is made of marzipan. She feels certain it is real fruit. I dont hink fruit grows that small...have you ever seen a peach smaller than a golf ball? Am I wrong on this? Is there some weird miniature fruit species I am unaware of?

2 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:19am
post #2 of 3

If you know what magazine it was, they might have a picture of the whole cake somewhere on the website. Brides.com has details of what the decorations on the cakes on their website are made of. This one http://www.brides.com/planning/cakes/gallery/editorspick/detail/174442?f=3104%3a3106&offset=5 has small fondant peaches on it.

momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:26am
post #3 of 3

the problem is that she has fallen in love with a cake that is an advertisment for a catering service. It shows only a portion of the cake and she seems to have built the rest in her mind. I tried going to the caterers website to see if that cake is in their gallery...no luck icon_sad.gif Its not like I can call and say ...hey can I have a picture of the cake in your advertisment, a bride wants me to recreate it...ugh

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%