Cake Answers.com Or Cake Secrets.com---Anyone Ever Used?

Decorating By hollynme2 Updated 15 May 2009 , 12:51pm by chefbarbie0513

hollynme2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollynme2 Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:09pm
post #1 of 13

I am new to the site and very thrilled to be decorating cakes for the first time...has anyone ever downloaded the cakeanswers.com e book---for secrets that professional bakers have? The website looks o.k. but I am wondering if it is too good to be true. Any insight would be welcomed and appreciated.

12 replies
chefbarbie0513 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbarbie0513 Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 13

Yes I own the cake decorating made easy DVD's. I love them. They were the best thing I did when I first started decorating. I also use them for when I havent made a certain flower in a while and they give you a video. It helps me remember how to do things.

hollynme2 Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 13

Did you download the e books? I am delighted that you thought they were worth the money!! I was hesitant because I couldn't find anything about them when I Googled! Thanks so much.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:23pm
post #4 of 13

welcome hollynme2!
No, I haven't yet, but I'm going to go in and look around. Thanks!

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:23pm
post #5 of 13

um I think you'll learn more here from looking in the recipes and talking to actual decorators in here. Many have tutorials and some have made you tube videos. That site looks like(I may be wrong) they want a membership fee and then your box will be forever full of pay for this and pay for that tip e-mails all the time. They might send you a couple free things but they also might not be complete tips and only paying members get all the info and who knows how compete that is unless someone in here is a member and can share info about this site. It looks very much like Cakesmadeeasy.com/Yummyarts.com and I learned way more in here then from them.

chefbarbie0513 Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #6 of 13

When you buy them they give the e-book download immediately. Then the DVD and copies of the book come in the mail. When I bought mine about 1 1/2 years ago, they came with other downloads free, like receipes, thinga about cookies and stuff like that. I found them very helpful.

DoubleA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoubleA Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:26pm
post #7 of 13

These books have been my life saver so many times...also, membership to the YA web site has been worth the money because I have access to any video learning I want at any time that I want.

I have learned ALOT!

chefbarbie0513 Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:30pm
post #8 of 13

I did try the Yummyarts site for 1 month. I was not happy with it. Yes the videos are cool but you still have to pay for them on top of the membership. I didnt like the forum, and i couldnt figure out how to look at other peoples pictures. I love the DVD (e-book) from cake decorating made easy.

sadsmile Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:45pm
post #9 of 13

Yeah same for me chefbarbie0513 it just wasn't worth it.
So this site is diff and better..? What is the $

sadsmile Posted 14 May 2009 , 6:49pm
post #10 of 13

OK I just went past the first page and saw the demo video and I'll bedarned if it isn't the exact same music and video from Yummyarts.com.

Must be the same people. So i think I'll pass on this one.

hollynme2 Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:08pm
post #11 of 13

Cakes made easy is the exact same website as the previous ones I mentioned...what a hoot! I am seriously considering ordering this series...supposedly a 100% money back guarantee?!?!? Not much to lose maybe. Thanks for all the replies and posts, I couldn't thank you all enough for the help.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 14 May 2009 , 7:18pm
post #12 of 13

I don't know. I have learned everything I know from here. I ask questions, try recipes (the ratings help so much), and read read read....

If you need something to watch try youtube. There are decorators from this site that do youtube videos so teach you "one on one" how to do things...

I haven't purchased anything although I have been intersted in some of sugarshack's videos, just can't get them yet.

chefbarbie0513 Posted 15 May 2009 , 12:51pm
post #13 of 13

Yes the video's are made by the same people as yummy arts but you by the set you want and I havent heard from them again. Unless I go to yummy arts. I think for beginners these videos are great. They are simple instructions. I bought them right after I took the Wilton classes, so they were a great practice for me. I dont remember the cost it has been over a year. But I do still go back to them for things.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%