Sps Did Not Make It On Time!!!

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 15 May 2009 , 3:53pm by tarheelgirl

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 8

I ordered my SPS a week ago!! It has not arrived and will be shipped tomorrow. A little too late since I have a wedding Saturday!! I tried to order through GSA which usually gets me my items within 2 days and they were out of one of my plates so I had to order from Oasis.

I know I can get the Wilton plates and pillars around here. Do you use them in a similar way to SPS?? Does anyone know?

7 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:24pm
post #2 of 8

I had the same problem with Oasis except they never did ship. Wilton hidden pillars are very similar to sps but they don't have the little spike in the center of plate.

tarheelgirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #3 of 8

So without the spike how do you hold the cardboard circle on it? Would you just glue it with icing? Or do you just assemble right onto the plate? I am stressing beyond stressed!! can you tell? LOL

I will never order anywhere else but GSA.. they have always been so fast and their customer service is awesome!!!

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:46pm
post #4 of 8

As tiggy 2 said, they don't have the little spike in the center of the plate, but I wonder if you could make a small hole in the cardboard as with the SPS & use a little more icing there & use some all around the plate. It might be worth a try.....GOOD LUCK!

tarheelgirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 8

Well.. with the SPS I usually put icing on the plate and then put my cardboard on. It glues it into place. The Wilton does not have the spike but I wonder if its safer to just put the cake right on top of the plate instead of a cardboard circle. Hopefully I can find all the pieces I need.

tarheelgirl Posted 14 May 2009 , 8:39pm
post #6 of 8

Well.. I was saved by a new CC buddy! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif aligotmatt thanks again!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 15 May 2009 , 1:14am
post #7 of 8

That sucks that they aren't going to get there in time! I hope you get the Wilton stuff figured out!

tarheelgirl Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:53pm
post #8 of 8

Well luckily I found a member on CC that lives in my area. She had everything I needed. If it was not for that I would have had to use the Wilton stuff. I just know that from now on when I need something soon it will be ordered with GSA. I seriously have gotten my items every time within 2-3 days of placing the order. Oasis said it was shipping today but I am curious to see how long it actually does take to get here.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%