Forcast: Rain

Decorating By suz3 Updated 14 May 2009 , 1:50pm by two2miracles

suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 4

We have had 20 days of rain with more predicted. I have a customer coming to pick up a cake which will be on a 20x30 foamcore board. Of course the forecast is for rain Saturday. HELP!!!! What is the best way to move this cake in the rain. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 4

A fellow CCr gave me a great idea for storing a large sheet cake the other day... Put it in one of those Sterilite containers, like the kind that are made for storing under the bed. That would certainly be sturdy enough, and waterproof...

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:43pm
post #3 of 4

Coming from the UK where it always seems to raining I have had to carry a few cakes with someone usually DH holding a large golfing umbrella over me and the cake. He ususally gets wet but the cakes have managed to stay dry.
Is it buttercream? if not you could try tenting a large strip over silver foil over it so it doesn't touch the cake.
Other than that I don't know what to suggest.
I'm sure there is a solution out there. Best wishes in finding one.

two2miracles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
two2miracles Posted 14 May 2009 , 1:50pm
post #4 of 4

The Sterilite container works great!! I use them to transport a lot of my sheet cakes to customers. They are so study (especially compared to cardboard boxes). The only problem might be getting it back from the customer. I have never had a customer pick one up in one of these containers...you might call her and suggest that she bring one with her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%