Wasc Variations

Decorating By Heatherly30 Updated 13 May 2009 , 4:59pm by lazlo

Heatherly30 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heatherly30 Posted 13 May 2009 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 2

I have always used this recipe when making my cakes...http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-1972-Durable-Cake-for-3D-and-Wedding-Cakes.html

It is VERY dense and VERY moist, almost like pound cake. I love it, but sometimes I think it is too heavy.

I have tried WASC a couple of times, and I found it to be just ok. However, when I made it, I was following the exact recipe, but not always with a white cake mix. That may have been my problem.

I have found and copied MacsMom document of gourmet flavors. I am making chocolate and strawberry cakes for this weekend and want to try something new.

To be honest, another trip to the grocery store is not exciting me too much. Coffee in the chocolate cake? As in brewed coffee? Can I get some chocolate extract at WalMart? Do I have to use cake flour? For the strawberry cake, can I use strawberry cake mix instead of white?

Any advice or other ideas? Anyone have another doctored recipe they would like to recommend?

1 reply
lazlo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lazlo Posted 13 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #2 of 2

yes you can use coffee instead of flavor oil and I do believe wally world has coffee flavoring. if you don't have cake flour substitute 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in for 2 tablespoons of your regular flour for every ciup

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%