Flavoring Emulsions, Which Is Best?

Decorating By jenlane Updated 13 May 2009 , 11:05pm by pattycakesnj

jenlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlane Posted 13 May 2009 , 3:32am
post #1 of 5

hi everyone! i would just like to say how much i love CC!!

my question is, which flavor emulsion is best? i am debating between princess cake and cookie bakery emulsion, or buttery sweet dough bakery emulsion. are there any other good ones you know of? also, what is the difference between a regular flavoring and an emulsion? is an emulsion just stronger? one more thing, is it just for cakes or frostings and cookies to?
i have literally lost sleep wondering which one to get (ok, so my life is dull...) icon_redface.gif
thanks everyone!

4 replies
jenlane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenlane Posted 13 May 2009 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 5

anyone??

shanna_banana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanna_banana Posted 13 May 2009 , 8:38pm
post #3 of 5

I don't know what an emulsion is (sorry) but I use the Lorann oils and flavorings and I am soooo happy with them. You can use them for cakes, cookies, frostings, fondant (coconut was fantastic!), chocolate, and hard candy. They come in dozens of different flavors and are very affordable. I pay $1.39 for a dram (tsp.). I only used 1/2 the bottle for the cake, and the other half for the frosting. It was fabulous. I can't wait to use them in other things.

Hopefully someone else can give you info on the emulsions. I think I'll have to look into that too. But for now I'll stick with Lorann's. Good luck!

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 13 May 2009 , 10:59pm
post #4 of 5

They are alcohol free so they will not be changed by heat. I only have the orange and lemon flavors so I can't make a comment on the other flavors. I think they are a bit stronger than regular flavorings but not over powering. I have used them in cakes and frosting. I haven't made any orange or lemon cookies; but I wouldn't hesitate to use an emulsion in cookies or muffins, etc.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 13 May 2009 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 5

I use almond emulsion in NFSC, in my cakes and in RI. Since there is no alcohol in them, they don't burn off like an extract and they are not overpowering

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%