Frosting Sheets Used On Royal Or Glace Icing

Baking By Cathy741 Updated 27 May 2009 , 10:54am by Cathy741

Cathy741 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy741 Posted 9 May 2009 , 4:26pm
post #1 of 7

1) Does anyone know if a frosting sheet will work well on a sugar cookie iced with royal or Toba's glace icing? 2) Does anyone know where I can send a picture to be made into a frosting sheet, say 2" or 3" circles? I don't want to purchase blank sheets or a copy system, I just want to get these circles made for an occasion that is coming up REAL quick. I would need these for 5/16/09. Please help!

6 replies
chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 9 May 2009 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 7

Cathy741,
Most of the department stores with a bakery can usually do them. I have had many made at WalMart ($5 a sheet), also Sam's, and some grocery store bakeries.
I have seen many cookies made with them and they are very pretty. I haven't done any myself, I am currently researching printers and ink and will soon buy myself a setup...

Cathy741 Posted 24 May 2009 , 3:29pm
post #3 of 7

So if you give Wal-Mart the design, they will print the 2 or 3" circles for you for $5/sheet? I'll have to check w/my local WM. I hope they say yes, cause I'd love to give it a try. Thanks for the tip.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 24 May 2009 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 7

Are you saying that Walmart has frosting sheets that they print onto?

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 7

I take printouts of what I want on a frosting sheet there all the time. I always put multiple pics on a sheet (more bang for your buck!). Call them first and ask, some of our stores do and some don't have edible printers that are in service...

I have also taken them to Publix ($icon_cool.gif and Sam's.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 24 May 2009 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 7

Good to know! I have a printer already but you never know......

Cathy741 Posted 27 May 2009 , 10:54am
post #7 of 7

So basically I would need a template of the frosting sheet to start with (2" or 3" circles), get my art work into the right places, print it out and bring to them, correct? I can't just give them one little picture and say here, give me x amount of sheets of this picture.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%