How To Make A Cookie Bouquet

Decorating By Daytona Updated 8 May 2009 , 8:23pm by cricket0616

Daytona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daytona Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 6

Are their any threads on how to make a cookie bouquet like how to to put the stick in the cookie decorate them and wrap them and present them I would love to try to make one with out the sticks falling ofF icon_smile.gif

5 replies
panchanewjersey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
panchanewjersey Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 6

Sure there are 1000's. You tube has good videos on how to make, cut bake on a stick and put together. Try it!

cupcakelady64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakelady64 Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:14pm
post #3 of 6

Hey, i'm new to the site, but not cookie bouquets! I cut out my cookie, place it on the cookie sheet, then lightly push the stick into it then put another "cut cookie" over the cookie (shaped the same, but rolled very thin). Bake them like that, then after they cool and you ice them (if you flip them over, you can ice the flat side), i wrap the sticks in green floral tape and then push them down into styrofoam in the pot. Be sure to press the thin cookie onto the other. If the stick is loose after baking it, slide it out, put a small amount of icing on it and push it back in. They are fun to make! icon_biggrin.gif

Daytona Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks alot I really wanted to make one for the longest time but lack self confidence worried they want turn out right. I can be my worst critic. Iam going to check out you tube.

Daytona Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 6

cupcake lady thanks for the tip on how to apply the sticks that would give it a much more finished effect.

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 8 May 2009 , 8:23pm
post #6 of 6

If you are using sugar cookies, just roll the dough out and cut the shape desired. There are several ideas on how to attach the cookies, but I always lay my cookie on top of the wilton dowel and press gently, but make sure the cookies is formed around the dowel (I have the dowel laying on my baking sheet when doing this). and bake. Make sure to have the dowel almost to the top of the cookie. This will allow support. So far I have only had one cookie fall off the stick.

As for arranging the bouquet. I find a pot or basket I like and place a bag of those cheap marbles you can buy at a craft store in the bottom. I shape a block of styrofoam to fit the pot or basket and insert. Cut large square pieces of tissue paper and place on the bottom of your stick and then insert it into the styrofoam.

There is also a thread out there about Cookies by Designs and some of their secrets as well as another thread that will link you to some Youtube videos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%