How Do I Freeze A Cake

Decorating By PTBUGZY1 Updated 9 May 2009 , 3:42am by Rylan

PTBUGZY1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTBUGZY1 Posted 8 May 2009 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 4

I made a cake ahead of needing it after watching a youtube video. I thought cool I can stock up.
I removed my cake from the freezer and let it thaw completely, it was sweaty and sticky so I threw it away and began from scratch. What did I do wrong? icon_smile.gif

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 4

Hi there, not sure why it happened. Did you wrap the cake while its warm? Was it cooked properly?

But here's how I do it. I let the cake cool completely. Then wrap it in saran wrap, then in foil and also put it in a freeazer bag. I take the cake out two days ahead. If I want the cake for saturday, I take it out on thursday night and put it in the fridge with the wrappings. Friday morning, take it out of the fridge, take the wrappings off and let it come to room temperature.

idjitmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idjitmom Posted 8 May 2009 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 4

I've had cakes be sticky too (the sweaty can be cured by letting it sit for just a little bit or even blotting w/ a paper towel), I just ignore it & fill/frost as normal. I've never noticed a difference in the final product, & never had any complaints..

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 9 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #4 of 4

I have no idea why. I usually just cool the cake completely, wraps with tons of plastic wrap to keep it really sealed, i then put it in a freezer bag or use foil for bigger cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%