Cupcake Ideas??

Baking By kwineinger Updated 13 May 2009 , 12:23pm by kwineinger

kwineinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwineinger Posted 7 May 2009 , 11:45pm
post #1 of 5

Can anyone help me think of some cute cupcakes to make for my son's end of the year school party? I am already making popcorn cupcakes for one on my son's and the other son wants something different. Any suggestions would be great. I am at a loss.

4 replies
Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 8 May 2009 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 5

I made the ones in my avatar.
But for kids you can just go to a party supply store and buy whatever color and/or design cup you want then swirl the frosting on top and put a cherry to make it look like an ice cream shake.
I have used many different ones from the party stores.
You just fill the cups up about 2/3 and place as many cakes as possible in a 9x13 pan then bake them 350 till done. I used the toothpick test for these because they are deeper the most. They are great for kids, eat right out of cup with a spoon, throw it all away! Easy clean up. There are a couple others in my pics too. Don't worry they won't catch fire because the cake batter absorbs the heat.

Abbiedal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Abbiedal Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:28am
post #3 of 5

how about the ice cream cone cupcakes?

bebea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bebea Posted 10 May 2009 , 1:33am
post #4 of 5

ice cream cone cupcakes always go over great! esp w/ a big swirl of icing, jimmies and a cherry, just like a sundae. or, you could do the ones w/ crushed cookie crumbs and gummy worms!

cupcakes are just endless in the ideas...i think they are the greatest things ever!

kwineinger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kwineinger Posted 13 May 2009 , 12:23pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion! My son loves the ideal. I will give it a try!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%