Help - Where Can I Find Information On Gelatin Bows

Decorating By kellycat102938 Updated 7 May 2009 , 5:26pm by kellycat102938

kellycat102938 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellycat102938 Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:38pm
post #1 of 9

someone said to search the forum. Many times I do a search and come up with cakes, but never hit anything in the forum even though I've been told that it is there. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but if anyone could help me find this thread about making gelatin bows I would really appreciate it. Also is there a better way of searching the forum is there any way to search with keywords the regular search button doesn't seem to work? Thanks for your patience.
Kelly

8 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 7 May 2009 , 12:47pm
post #2 of 9

To my knowledge there is no thread on gelatin bows. However, the same technique that I use for my gelatin butterflies and Loucinda uses for her gelatin bows came from the same place. The user named "JustDi" is one of the gals who invented this technique and they are coming out with a book in July. You can write her for further information. Or PM me for a link to her website which also has more information.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:01pm
post #3 of 9

I am waiting for her shop to open this morning - to ask her if she would please get on here and post the how to. (I talked to her yesterday and she said she would do it as soon as she could) Her business is Cake Connection out of Michigan. Her real name is Diane Simmons.

There are literally 100's of people who are wanting to know how I did the gelatin bow, I just do not think it is fair for me to "steal her thunder" since the technique is hers and she is publishing a book about it (due out in July)

Please be patient and Diane will get on here and let you all know. That being said, I am making another bow today and taking pics of each step. IF she gives me her permission, I will post it AFTER she does.

Again, thank you all for being patient. I probably should make a post about this on its own so others will understand.

bobwonderbuns Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 9

Right. The same thing happened when I did the gelatin butterflies -- Di asked me not to reveal it but did give me a link to the kit I used so people could contact her directly.

Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 9

Di and Michaelle are both great instructors and I hope this book flies off the shelf!! I do hope I get one of the first copies though! icon_wink.gif

It is all about respect, you are so right BWB!

I apologize to those who really want to know how to do this and are waiting. I did not mean for that to happen, I was just so proud of the pretty bow!

kellycat102938 Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:54pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks everybody....I guess I have to wait patiently for the book. In the meantime, I am curious, is this gelatin stuff that you make the consisitency of a gummy bear?

Loucinda Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:03pm
post #8 of 9

Here are the INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE LOOPY BOW I MADE

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-630413.html

kellycat102938 Posted 7 May 2009 , 5:26pm
post #9 of 9

thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%