Making Flowers

Decorating By Michelleski Updated 7 May 2009 , 10:57am by hoguewild

Michelleski Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelleski Posted 7 May 2009 , 3:42am
post #1 of 5

Hi, I am a real newbie here. I am having trouble on how to come up with making flowers for a cake. I have an idea and can't get it out of my head and it has to have flowers, preferably Orchids. any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks to all,
Michelle

4 replies
Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 7 May 2009 , 4:20am
post #2 of 5

Welcome to CC!

How new are you to cake decorating? The reason I ask is to get an idea of what you already know. I love making gumpaste flowers, buy they are not always easy. Some orhids are more difficult than others too.

The gumpaste that you use is very important. The proper tools, cutters, and veiners make a difference as well.

If you could give me some specifics I will do what I can to help.

Michele

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:24am
post #3 of 5

if you dont feel upt o making them your self, you can buy gumpaste flowers online.
xx

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:42am
post #4 of 5

Sugarflowers is right....give more info. about your starting point. And the idea of online purchasing is a great one if you're brand new! And welcome!!

hoguewild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoguewild Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:57am
post #5 of 5

If you're looking to make them yourself, youtube has some great tutorials (many from the wonderful ladies here)...

I'm a beginner and have found between youtube, books and practice making flowers is actually becoming a favourite activity. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%