Using Color Flow

Decorating By RosieC Updated 7 May 2009 , 10:20am by RosieC

RosieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RosieC Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:25am
post #1 of 7

Everything I read about doing colorflow says to use a parchment bags only. I don't have access to these. My Michael's here doesn't carry them. My question is can I use the disposable plastic bags with a decorating tip?

6 replies
sandykay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandykay Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:47am
post #2 of 7

Yes you can, everything needs to be grease free though. The bowl you mix it in,your tips, everything or it can break down the colorflow. I can't believe your Michaels doesn't carry parchment triangles. You may find them at walmart.

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 6 May 2009 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 7

You can make your own parchment triangles with parchment paper, but the disposable bags will work too.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 6 May 2009 , 3:24pm
post #4 of 7

I have been wondering does anyone know of any tutorials or anything for colour flow? I really want to try it but don't really know...well bluntly....what I'm doing!
Thanks

RosieC Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:53pm
post #5 of 7

I'd love to find a tutorial too but haven't been able to find one. Another question I have is on the picture I have attached of the baby face I want to do the color flow with when it comes to the eyes and mouth and pink cheeks....do I color in the whole face first and then after it dries put on the features or do I do the features first and then flood the face around them? If that makes any sense! Hopefully someone can help me with this.
LL

CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 6 May 2009 , 11:25pm
post #6 of 7

I would flow in the face then pipe the details over it once it dries. Then use a petal dust for the cheeks If you look on the wilton website, then have a very in depth tutorial on how to do colorflow.

RosieC Posted 7 May 2009 , 10:20am
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much Cakemommy3.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%