Omw!!!

Decorating By Cakechick123 Updated 6 May 2009 , 11:15pm by Jayde

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 6 May 2009 , 7:50am
post #1 of 17

I had a cake tasting with a lovely couple last year and they booked me there and then. Since then I've chatted to the bride a couple of times as some design elements changed. She was always this upbeat, bubbly person. I spoke to the wedding co-ordinator a couple of weeks ago when she delivered samples of the new colors. This was going to be a massive black tie event and apparently the families was sooo looking forward to the event.

Well this morning I got a email for the co-ordinator, the wedding is cancelled because yesterday the couple commited suicide!!!!! icon_surprised.gif

Im feeling sooo sick, they were such a lovely couple and looked so in love icon_cry.gif Im supposed to start on this week's cake, but I just feel so down and not able to even turn on my mixer today!

16 replies
solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:02am
post #2 of 17

WHAT,WHY,HOW,WHEN,just like that

solascakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:04am
post #3 of 17

you should change the topic to customer committing suicide.So did both of them die or what ,what happened.

Cakechick123 Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:10am
post #4 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by solascakes

you should change the topic to customer committing suicide.So did both of them die or what ,what happened.

they both passed away, it was a combined suicide, not sure how or why

solascakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:18am
post #5 of 17

Like Romeo and Juliet

misabel99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misabel99 Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:23am
post #6 of 17

OMG icon_eek.gif

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:27am
post #7 of 17

Im feeling sooo sick, they were such a lovely couple and looked so in love Im supposed to start on this week's cake, but I just feel so down and not able to even turn on my mixer today

Oh how dreadfully sad for everyone concerned - icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
No wonder you can't turn your mixer on - you must be feeling absolutely guttered. The shock of it all - icon_sad.gif
Words are just empty characters at a time like this - but i do hope some reason will be forth coming - even then - the shock will last forever with everyone.

So dreadfully sorry to hear of the news.
icon_sad.gificon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
Bluehue.

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 6 May 2009 , 8:56am
post #8 of 17

omg....that makes MY stomach hurt, and I didnt even know them....wow

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 6 May 2009 , 12:02pm
post #9 of 17

My heart just did one of those little stutters. How horrible. That poor family and what they must be going thru. That is just an awful thing to do to your loved ones.

My cousin committed suicide (hung himself), left his family (2 beautiful kids and wife) wondering what went wrong. IMHO that is one of the most selfish things a person could ever do.

I really feel sorry for their families.

shturpin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shturpin Posted 6 May 2009 , 12:22pm
post #10 of 17

So sorry to hear this. I, too, know of suicide in family. My uncle shot himself in the head, too much medicines, and then his son commited suicide the same way with a gun his mom had gotten him for Christmas 2 weeks earlier. Maybe you need to turn on your mixer to get your mind onto something else. I'm sure your heart is broken, but i can't picture that bride wanting you to grieve and not live your own life. Sending hugs your way.

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:04pm
post #11 of 17

That was one of the MOST SHOCKING things I have ever read on CC.

I was expecting you to say that she went bridezilla - I gasped and read the other posts with my mouth hanging open in shock!

I also didn't know them but I am finding it hard to fight back tears. I feel so terrible for their families!

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:15pm
post #12 of 17

That is terrible. My heart goes out to their friends and families. You put so much time and effort into planning a happy occasion, and then the unthinkable happens. So sad. Take a little time for yourself and have a good cry. The cake can wait. *Hug*

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:20pm
post #13 of 17

This is very sad...in today's society it is becoming increasingly hard to cope with life and stress and everything else and the economy going bust...I feel so sad for the families!!

Cakechick123 Posted 6 May 2009 , 1:36pm
post #14 of 17

Thanks for the support I suppose its a little silly to be so upset about people that I really didnt know, but I keep thinking about how happy they seemed to be and how excited they were about the wedding. Its really true that you cant judge on appearances and that you cant imagine what others are going through.

well I finally managed to bake the cakes, so at least Friday's bride will have a wedding cake icon_smile.gif

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:08pm
post #15 of 17

It is not silly at all! Things like this always get to people...we are all upset over this and we didn't even meet the bride and groom! It just goes to show how much you care about your clients and making their day special, and I am sure that this comes through in your work. I am glad you were able the cakes for Friday icon_smile.gif

destinyrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
destinyrn Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:34pm
post #16 of 17

That was very devastating! My mouth dropped too when I read it. Glad you were able to bake icon_smile.gif

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 6 May 2009 , 11:15pm
post #17 of 17

I think just as a human being with feelings, you have to feel something in reaction to a tragedy like this. I get emotional over little things too sometimes, (cripes I just got teary eyed over the new OnStar commercial on the radio today) although it seems to happen more one week out of the month, and its completely normal to feel remorse over a couple committing suicide. Especially when you dont know all the details, and it leaves you wondering why a young couple, who seems to have it all, feels like they have no other option but to kill themselves. My heart goes out to all of their friends and family members.

Dont tear yourself up over it, but do hug your hubby, your kids, your mom and tell them that you love them and make sure that they know that they matter to you. I dont think we express that enough to people in our daily lives.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%