The New Home Page?

Decorating By steffla Updated 15 May 2009 , 3:05am by JanH

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:39pm
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone! I am always excited when Heath and Jackie upgrade things here on cakecentral and I truly appreciate what they do here! I was just wondering if the new homepage is going to continue to show only popular photos from today? I miss the rotation of all time popular photos, current holidays and the most recent pics! Anyone else? I know it gets very frustrating when the site is constantly on the fritz but I know its an attempt to make the site even better so I am trying not to complain. Just miss all the pics!!!

11 replies
Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:45pm
post #2 of 12

I love the old page better.

Christina222 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christina222 Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:48pm
post #3 of 12

I also liked the old home page better. The top still says they are working on it, so hopefully they will be adding "most recent uploads" back into the mix =)

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:50pm
post #4 of 12

Hi Steffla,

Keith has commented in a few threads that they're still working on the home page. So, until theyre finished we really won't know what the end results will be. Hes asking all ccer to be patient until they are done.

Hope this helps,
Tammy

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:09pm
post #5 of 12

I miss the most recently added photos too. It's the only way mine show up there icon_smile.gif

simplysweetbygigi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
simplysweetbygigi Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:20pm
post #6 of 12

Since the site is not completely finished I guess I will wait to complain, however as of right now, I also like the old homepage with all the photos.

blondeez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blondeez Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:20pm
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

I miss the most recently added photos too. It's the only way mine show up there icon_smile.gif

Thats how I feel also. I hope they add that back.

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 4 May 2009 , 11:33pm
post #8 of 12

I'm hoping the same. I really miss seeing all the recently added photos, but maybe that's what they have as the next thing on the to-do list (keeping my fingers crossed icon_biggrin.gif )

steffla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
steffla Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:12am
post #9 of 12

still trying not to complain but I get the distinct feeling the rows of pics on the homepage are not coming back..... icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

That has always been my favorite thing on this site!

terrylee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:21am
post #10 of 12

I like the old home page photo set up....to much clicking and waiting to see the next cake...and there is only a few to view. Please, Please go back to the good old home page.....

anasasi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasasi Posted 15 May 2009 , 2:53am
post #11 of 12

Ditto!!! I really miss the old one too icon_cry.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 May 2009 , 3:05am
post #12 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffla

Hi everyone! I am always excited when Heath and Jackie upgrade things here on cakecentral and I truly appreciate what they do here! I was just wondering if the new homepage is going to continue to show only popular photos from today? I miss the rotation of all time popular photos, current holidays and the most recent pics! Anyone else? I know it gets very frustrating when the site is constantly on the fritz but I know its an attempt to make the site even better so I am trying not to complain. Just miss all the pics!!!

Please see Heath's posts in these threads:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-629676-.html

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-630210-.html

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%