Does Anyone Use Ateco/spectrum Gel Colors?

Baking By bakinccc Updated 5 May 2009 , 8:52pm by bakinccc

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 4 May 2009 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 4

I just bought a set of 12 at a high end kitchen store...I usually use Americolor...but I bought these since they were on clearance because one color was missing. There were two different colors of pink included...fuchia and deep pink/rose. The label on the fuchia looked like a bright, hot pink which I was looking for but it turned out to be a very pale, purpley pink. The deep pink/rose was pretty weak too. Has anyone used these before? Do you like them? So far they seem like a very "weak" version of the americolors. I'm kind of bummed that I spent the money on them now. icon_cry.gif

3 replies
peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:07pm
post #2 of 4

i thought they were made by the same company that makes americolor. I have used them from time to time, just use alittle more if they aren't strong enough for you.

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 5 May 2009 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 4

I use them and have had no trouble with them (although I've never used Americolors, so I don't have a very good frame of reference.)

I wonder if they were on clearance because of age as well ... would that make a difference?

bakinccc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinccc Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 4

they might have been a little older because the pink that I used had a dark spec here and there although when I opened a few of them up they looked nice and fresh. I actually used the teal today and it was just fine. Maybe I got a bargain after all!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%