Butter Cake Mix

Decorating By volleyball47 Updated 4 May 2009 , 7:00pm by MrsLev557

volleyball47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
volleyball47 Posted 3 May 2009 , 2:28pm
post #1 of 7

i was at the grocery store the other day and came upon a cake mix called Butter Cake Mix. It sounds really good, but I am just wondering if anyone has tried it before and what it tastes like? Also, what kind of frosting or fillings taste good with it too? Thanks!

6 replies
volleyball47 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
volleyball47 Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 7

anyone?

MrsLev557 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsLev557 Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:47am
post #3 of 7

I use DH brand Butter Recipe Golden and love it... I make and enhanced recipe that I found off the wilton site from cassandracake.

1 Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mixes (I guess you could use any flavor)
1 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cups Sugar
2 Sticks Butter (I used half butter, half margarine)
1 1/3 cups water
3 eggs
1/2 box French Vanilla Pudding Mix (instant)
1 tsp Baking Powder

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, mix until blended. Add cake mix, pudding, flour and baking powder. Blend on low while drizzling in water in a thin stream. Mix until smooth (doesn't take long), and bake according to directions for your pan size.

Everyone I make this for loves it. I often want to try different recipes and everyone always request this one.

Shirl

MrsLev557 Posted 4 May 2009 , 12:55am
post #4 of 7

I use DH brand Butter Recipe Golden and love it... I make and enhanced recipe that I found off the wilton site from cassandracake.

1 Duncan Hines Butter Recipe cake mixes (I guess you could use any flavor)
1 cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cups Sugar
2 Sticks Butter (I used half butter, half margarine)
1 1/3 cups water
3 eggs
1/2 box French Vanilla Pudding Mix (instant)
1 tsp Baking Powder

Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs, mix until blended. Add cake mix, pudding, flour and baking powder. Blend on low while drizzling in water in a thin stream. Mix until smooth (doesn't take long), and bake according to directions for your pan size.

Everyone I make this for loves it. I often want to try different recipes and everyone always request this one.

Shirl

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:17am
post #5 of 7

I use the DH butter mix and I LOVE it - very versatile. I've made it with many diff fillings - including fruit and brandy for my dad, LOL. I 've used it for years - long before I discovered cake decorating.

Tobita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tobita Posted 4 May 2009 , 1:36am
post #6 of 7

I use the Pillsbury Golden Butter Cake mix and have had terrific results.
I'm picky with the butter that I use-- even if it is more expensive, but it does make a difference. It has become a favorite within the extended family. You can add vanilla and/or almond extract for extra flavor. There is also a recipe that I found on internet for Almond Cream Cheese Butter cake that is great. In my area the Pillsbury is cheaper than DH and I prefer the taste. Good luck if you try it.

MrsLev557 Posted 4 May 2009 , 7:00pm
post #7 of 7

I do agree with Tobita with the butter, I am very picky about what I use. I only use Land O'Lakes butter... I stock up when its on sale.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%