Customer Made Me Cry

Decorating By KawaiiCakeCook Updated 16 May 2009 , 3:24pm by jillangel

aliciag829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciag829 Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:41am
post #61 of 74

There's nothing to be embarassed about. That cake looks awesome!

The real embarassment is the person who stuffed their face with it and then wanted a refund.

Hmmmph! icon_mad.gif

tammytamtam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tammytamtam Posted 5 May 2009 , 7:34am
post #62 of 74

There is nothing wrong with that cake. Don't let it make you feel bad that someone else has no manners or sense...I had a customer cry to me because the stars were not in the exact right place on her Hannah Montana cake... icon_rolleyes.gif gah, get over it lady, I do not deal in perfection, I deal in confection icon_razz.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:25pm
post #63 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3sc3n7

Ok...I know this is an old therad...and I'm not sure if your even on the site any more. (its my first day on the site)

I myself am in the military. I'm guessing this was this persons wife who treated you so poorly? Or at least family?

See Master Sargent is a pretty high rank. The higher a husbands (or wifes) rank becomes, the more "snooty" the spouse's attitude gets. The longer they have been in, and the "more important" their spouse is...the more they think every thing done for them must be perfect, and should be handed to them.

So, please dont take this personal, because it had nothing to do with you.

It's not just restricted to the military .... I've known a NUMBER of doctors' wives who think the same thing! In my hometown, it was so bad I used to pray I'd NEVER get a doctors wife as a customer.

daisyjenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisyjenn Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:31pm
post #64 of 74
Quote:

Ok...I know this is an old therad...and I'm not sure if your even on the site any more. (its my first day on the site)

I myself am in the military. I'm guessing this was this persons wife who treated you so poorly? Or at least family?

See Master Sargent is a pretty high rank. The higher a husbands (or wifes) rank becomes, the more "snooty" the spouse's attitude gets. The longer they have been in, and the "more important" their spouse is...the more they think every thing done for them must be perfect, and should be handed to them.

I dont understand why we are bashing Senior NCO wives and lumping them all together. My husband is a MSgt and I have never pulled his rank or given an attitude to anyone because of it. I am not the military memeber and I have NO rank. I personally think that my "job" as a Senior NCO wife is to help out and do whatever I can for the people that work in my husbands office. We invite anyone in his office that doesnt live near family over for BBQ's and holidays. I also bring in baked goods and meals all the time for them. Things that can't get at the Chow Hall. Maybe I am one of the few wives that is nice and not "snooty".

OP, please don't get a bad impression of military spouses because of this one person. Believe me we are not all like that. Your cake was great!! usaribbon.gif

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 5 May 2009 , 4:38pm
post #65 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyjenn

Quote:

I dont understand why we are bashing Senior NCO wives and lumping them all together. My husband is a MSgt and I have never pulled his rank or given an attitude to anyone because of it. I am not the military memeber and I have NO rank. I personally think that my "job" as a Senior NCO wife is to help out and do whatever I can for the people that work in my husbands office. We invite anyone in his office that doesnt live near family over for BBQ's and holidays. I also bring in baked goods and meals all the time for them. Things that can't get at the Chow Hall. Maybe I am one of the few wives that is nice and not "snooty".

OP, please don't get a bad impression of military spouses because of this one person. Believe me we are not all like that. Your cake was great!! usaribbon.gif

If you don't do this, then don't take it personal. You're not one of the "few", I know many, many Senior NCO wives that are very down to earth and humble. I find the snobs are the minority.No one's bashing anyone, if it applies to you, you should know it's not cool. No one ever said that all senior NCO wives do this, we said it's more common to have it happen with a Senior NCO or officers wife than a private or A1C's wife...why? Because the higher the rank the more they feel entitled.

I'm a senior NCO's wife (as I said before) and I don't do this either, but I have to be honest and say I find it happens with Sneior NCO's and Officer's wives more often than not. I don't think everyone assumes ALL of us do it.

I don't think you should take it personal, it's just someone's opinion. you know that old sayin' "If the shoe fits, wear it. If it doesn't, go look for a cute outfit instead."

KawaiiCakeCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KawaiiCakeCook Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:29am
post #66 of 74

First thank you all for your lovely words, they have helped so much with the anger I felt, and the questioning of myself. I got over it but gosh darnit it was so nice to have some validation!

yup I live on yokota, and its exactly like high school and now we have our very own prom queen icon_confused.gif Mrs. Yokota (google it you'll laugh until you cry). As for the argument over rank you do have the good and the bad, on the whole officer wives tend to wait longer to have children and there for have way more time for drama. They also have more discretionary income which means, they have more time on their hands and more of an opportunity to play keep up with the Jones. Despite that the people who have normally been willing to pay for the cakes without throwing a fit over the prices have all been E's, O's just look at me as if I'm trying to steal the food from their children's mouths. Makes you think.

As for dealing with people who think their rank is a tangible asset that can be used I just smile, and secretly let the tiny itty bitty and incredibly childish and snobby voice in my head sing "my daddy outranks you and my hotty of a husband flies airplanes" immature, yes, their accomplishments are not mine, yes, sad and slightly pathetic, yes. And does it help, you bet your sweet behind it does! icon_twisted.gif

As to the lovely lady who offered to help beat her up, so sweet, thank you so much but I'm going to go for something slightly more sinister, she can just explain to her child why she has to have the same boring cake as everyone else, because mommy was rude to the only lady who does anything different. CAUSE YOU'RE BLACK LISTED!!!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 6 May 2009 , 10:42am
post #67 of 74

Blacklist. That's it,good thinking.

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 6 May 2009 , 11:01am
post #68 of 74

I'm so sorry this happened to you. Your cake looks fine!

Tita9499 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tita9499 Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:14pm
post #69 of 74

OMG!! Can I puhleeeeeease be crowned Mrs. Fort Bliss? PLEEASE!!!!LOL!

STRAWBERRY1390 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
STRAWBERRY1390 Posted 6 May 2009 , 4:59pm
post #70 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiCakeCook

i live in a town of 15,000 people, this lady would have made it her business to ruin me if I hadn't refunded her she's a little malicious.

I am SO SORRY you had to go through that....I went through something like that and I know how you feel. But if she is as malicious as you say she is going to say negative things about you anyway. If you see your business start to slack or people questioning you then give a "free bee" away to the local school or charity. It might help waylay any negative feelings, if any start brewing.

Happy caking,
Stacy

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:44am
post #71 of 74

yeah, Its only me in a kitchen that has I'm really not kidding here 12 sq feet of counter space, so I'm not looking to do huge amount of business, I just want to do interesting cakes, and I think I'm doing that. I did a little einstien cake that I'll upload later that turned out awesome. Nothing like a great cake day to sooth your ego.

sweetsbystacy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsbystacy Posted 16 May 2009 , 2:59am
post #72 of 74

OP, I would venture to say that this woman knew exactly what she was doing, AND knew she was going to do it when she picked up the cake. I've seen stories on CC like this often, usually happens in a grocery store, but still.

I'm sorry this happened to you. There are really some terrible people out there. Whatever happened to having a conscience?

KawaiiCakeCook Posted 16 May 2009 , 5:11am
post #73 of 74

probably went the same place as responsibility, accountability, and credibility

jillangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillangel Posted 16 May 2009 , 3:24pm
post #74 of 74

I think your cake is great and the lady is an A-hole. Makes me mad for you and while you were completely right I can understand you being upset. Could you tell me what shade of blue you used? It is perfect for a cake (flag) I am about to do? Is it Royal Blue? Thanks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%