Friday Nght Cake Club 5.01.09

Decorating By leah_s Updated 2 May 2009 , 7:01pm by KoryAK

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:29am
post #31 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnell

Hey Everyone!

New to the Friday night cake club but I had to share my news.

I'm so excited because I'm making cakes for the class I will be taking on Monday - here's the exciting part- taught by SUGARSHACK! We will be doing stacked books and a fish. Can't wait. (No one but fellow CCers understand why I'm excited)

So am I!

ROFL!

and just finishes a sheet cake with run sugar image on top. as soon as my soap is over I am going to pack; have to leave in the AM!

aimers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aimers Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:32am
post #32 of 66

Hi there, I'm new to the Friday night cake club. I wish I knew about this for all my friday night "all-nighters". I just finished up a transformers cake for a 5 yr old. Super sloppy with the flames but in order to fix them I would need to start from scratch on the fondant work and I am out of fondant and time...
LL

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:37am
post #33 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimers

Hi there, I'm new to the Friday night cake club. I wish I knew about this for all my friday night "all-nighters". I just finished up a transformers cake for a 5 yr old. Super sloppy with the flames but in order to fix them I would need to start from scratch on the fondant work and I am out of fondant and time...

WOW I think you did a great job!

aimers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aimers Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:46am
post #34 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefcook21

Hi all. I haven't been here in several weeks but only have one cake tonight. I'm working on a transformer logo for a 5 year old. Need practice with fondant so it's taking me quite awhile to get it done. icon_confused.gif

I just re-read this tread... How weird that we both have transformer logo cakes for 5 year olds tonight. I had a slight panic that we had the same customer icon_smile.gif Lack of sleep will do that to you. Good luck and please post your picture. I just posted mine on this tread and in the gallery.

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:05am
post #35 of 66

I am also new to the friday night cake club! Probably cause everyother friday I'm doing a cake and don't get on here much! Tonight I feel a bit lost because I don't! Well i'm trying to put it together in my head about an order I got and how on earth I am going to pull it off...her it is any ideas????
A 3D stand-up cake of Pablo from the Backyardigans...no fondant and as much banana flavour as possible....it's for a first Birthday so she wants icing for the customary messiness!!!
Any ideas????
Oh and the cakes everyone is working on tonight look great....love the elmos!

Ashley

luvsfreebies72 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:06am
post #36 of 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimers

very cool cake!

luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:08am
post #37 of 66

calling the west coast cake club to order...

I'm working on a Camp Rock guitar cake for a 5th birthday party (girl)

what's up with the 5th birthdays this weekend??

fidos_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fidos_mom Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:13am
post #38 of 66

aimers that is an amazing cake. LOVE IT!!!

I am baking the cakes for 3 creations this weekend. I usually only do 1-2 a week but this week has been slammed. I can't wait to get legal and actually make money at this. Right now this is only family and close, close friends. In total I have 10 for the first 3 weeks of May. TOO much fun. And I am learning sooo much with every cake. I try and do 1 new technique every time. So far they have all panned out.

I am so encouraged by you guys who make 3-6 weddings plus bunch of birthdays and tons of cuppies a weekend. It makes the little bit I am doing seem so much more do-able. Thank you for being here on Friday night!!

kates_kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kates_kakes Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:15am
post #39 of 66

Hey everyone! First time posting here. Going to be doing 2 8 inch birthday cakes that need to be girly. I only work with buttercreme anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:20am
post #40 of 66

Hello! Well i just finished a cake for a friends DH's 50th I think i was high on ps because i baked the wrong size for the top tier! Oh well! Anyways the figure on top is him dancing years ago!
LL

Lenette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lenette Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:32am
post #41 of 66

I'm still plugging away. Everything is covered in bc, making fondant now. I don't know if I will get everything covered tonight, I may catch some zzz's and finish up in the AM. Hate to be crazy cake lady on Saturday morning but sometimes that's the way it goes.

(in hypnotist voice) I'm feeling sleeepeee, verrry verrry sleeepeee.....

Yes, I get silly when I'm tired! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:33am
post #42 of 66

It'll be a long one, if not an all-nighter, for me. I have 2 weddings tomorrow and about 7 birthdays. My assistant landed ill in the hospital this AM so I have been alone all day and I will assume tomorrow. THEN at 7pm (9:30 now) I just HAPPENED to be going through the future orders file and found TWO, count 'em two, tiered cakes due tomorrow that got lost. So now I have to bake too. Too many cooks in the kitchen....

fidos_mom Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:50am
post #43 of 66

Kory you poor thing! Here's wishing that everything runs smoothly. GOOD LUCK!!

momma_ash - I look back through my favorites for techniques then ideas start to flow. I put them in my favorites because I liked them for a reason, right? Maybe that will help you too. Good luck!!

Ball cake - done
9x13 - done

baking - 9x13, (2) 8x2, 6x1, 4x1

Not much more to go!! YAY!!

luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:11am
post #44 of 66

ok, got 1 rainbow guitar layer done, other is baking now. Gotta go make some bc... thinking raspberry flavor. then it's just cover and decorate. woohoo. think I need to make a pot of coffee...

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:16am
post #45 of 66

Holy crap Kory....wow. Put on a pot of strong coffee!

KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 6:44am
post #46 of 66

Our shop has an espresso machine and a cooler full of Red Bull... I'm in as good of hands as possible. All cakes are now baked, I'm shuffling through the piles and making sense of it all and starting to torte them all.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:18am
post #47 of 66

sheesh Kory, I bow to you

psstt.... I have coffee

KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:48am
post #48 of 66

ok all torted and the girls made all the fillings before... so now its on to filling! (I know you probably all don't care so much about the play by play but I'm giving it to you anyway because it feels like accomplishments icon_smile.gif )

KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 7:48am
post #49 of 66

And my sick girl is better and will be in tomorrow! yay!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:06am
post #50 of 66

I've been working on an elephant head all night. It's rice krispy treats covered with RI and then fondant. It's gone pretty well. It'll eventually go on top of a cake, dressed in a graduation gown grasping a diploma in his trunk. Should be cute.

My only problem is that I ate ALL of the extra rice krispy treats. Dang, those things are addictive! I'm off to bed now.

fidos_mom Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:21am
post #51 of 66

Kory, I'm still here and applauding you each step of the way! he he he
Glad to hear about your helper.

Plenty of caffeine going through my veins too.

Down to the last 2 in the oven. Already washed everything else. Will put away in a few minutes. And then I am off to bed. About another 45 mins or so.

luvsfreebies72 Posted 2 May 2009 , 8:55am
post #52 of 66

you go girls! I am rooting you on in spirit. Got sidetracked by my stepson and now am getting back to work. long night, ugh

KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:03am
post #53 of 66

All are filled and I have 4 tiers buttercreamed. And I've kept up with the dishes icon_smile.gif Maybe it'll be an ok night after all....

fidos_mom Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:23am
post #54 of 66

It's almost 5:30a here. So I am going to hit the hay for a few hours. Here's wishing you guys the best!!

All my cakes are done. And so is my little body! lol

Niters yall

Momkiksbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momkiksbutt Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:33am
post #55 of 66

I gave up.....after breaking 3 of my calla lillies while gluing them to stems, and then getting yellow from the stamens on my paint brush, and then unwittingly brushing it onto the white flower surfaces......I think it's time to get some sleep! LOL

Back to the grind in the morning!

thumbs_up.gif

KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:58am
post #56 of 66

3:00 now and I'm making an extra batch of buttercream... 7 more cakes to buttercream.

KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:05am
post #57 of 66

All in all tonight I am making 2 wedding cakes, both fairly simple

1) 3 tier
2) 4 tier

And 7 special occasion:

1) carved growler
2) carved lily pad with frog on it
3) carved grad hat for 50 ppl
4) 2 tier jungle theme baby shower
5) single royal flush topper round <-- winner, easy cake award
6) 2 tier under the sea theme
7) 2 tier, 8 theme graduation cake

and 80 petit fours in 3 flavors

whew!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:18am
post #58 of 66

wow KoryAK!!! Thanks a lot of cakes to do in one night!!!! Good luck.

Its now about 7:15am and Im thinking of making some cupcake pops, I have soo much extra cake in my freezer. My moms bday is tomorrow so I have to come up with a cak for her too. hmmmm.....

Starkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Starkie Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:20am
post #59 of 66

My Friday night consisted of completing a 3D barn scene with a barn (cake), fence, hill (with NCSU in flowers on it), a pond, fishing tackle and fish, and a few bales of hay. It's all done except for the barn roof, so I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and have a little roof raising party!

By then it's back to work ~ next week is teacher appreciation week, and I have a cake due every day next week, along with a 3D cow on Saturday. AND I have three kids and work a party time job! Pray for my sanity!

KoryAK Posted 2 May 2009 , 11:38am
post #60 of 66

Hey, at least your job is party time icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%