Cookies Between Cake Layers

Decorating By grandmaruth Updated 5 May 2009 , 2:22am by chassidyg

grandmaruth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmaruth Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:02pm
post #1 of 21

i apologize that this was covered but i missed how to do it....using cookies as layers in layered cakes....just make the cookie the same size as the layers of the cakes? icon_redface.gif

20 replies
jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:14pm
post #2 of 21

Yeah basically. I do mine in the same size pan that I do my cake in. Under bake a few minutes. You want it done but not crunchy. then, cake, BC, cookie, BC, cake. Let it sit a few hours after being iced so that it will soften some. That way it isn't to hard Have fun

Idreamofcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Idreamofcakes Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:21pm
post #3 of 21

Yep just what jamiekwebb said, and they are so amaaaaazing in the cakes!! You can even do cupcakes the same way. Just bake your cookies small and slice cupcake horizontally after you bake it, put BC cookie BC top of cuppie and more BC. The kids go nuts for them.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 21

mmmm....that sounds good. What are some of the cake/cookie combos you've done?

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:58pm
post #5 of 21

I must've missed that other thread too because I don't remember anything like this. This sounds so good. My mind is running wild with cake/cookie combos. YUM!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

Idreamofcakes - love your avatar...what a neat idea!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:02pm
post #6 of 21

Really? and cutting it isn't a mess? I would think the cookie would be tougher to cut through, therefore sqwashing the cake layer underneath it.

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:07pm
post #7 of 21

When I've used the sugar cookie in between cake layers, I get rave reviews. My family just loves it. The cookie softens up quite a bit becaues it is in between the BC, so it is not hard or messy to cut at all. Try it. Your family will love it. Whoever thought of it is a genius because it really does take a cake to another level. YUM!!

Idreamofcakes Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 21

Thanks Aggie thumbs_up.gif

No the cookie isn't tough as long as you put the buttercream on layer below the cookie and above it. Make the cake at least a day ahead of time.
They are really good.
Chocolate cake/chocfros/PB cookies
Vanilla cake/ bc/sugar cookie
Banana cake/bc/sugar or pb cookie
Caramel Frappuccino cake/espresso bc (or plain bc)/ sugar, chocolate,
or skor toffee cookie
Use you imagination....endless!

Cutting is very easy because the cookie is softened by the frosting.
This stinks, I have no time to make one today!!!

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:11pm
post #9 of 21

I have made one of these cakes yet. But I am dying to make and try the chocolate cake and peanut butter cookie combo. icon_biggrin.gif (mmm...maybe I will do it today, right now...)

Mom_Of_4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom_Of_4 Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:23pm
post #10 of 21

This sounds very interesting and I am anxious to try this for the family...but do you just use your regular cookie recipe to make the cookie layer? I am thinking a white cake with a snickerdoodle cookie sounds fabulous. Then you said you bake the cookie in the same size pan as the cake how thick do you make the cookie?

aggiechef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiechef Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:28pm
post #11 of 21

I'm thinking banana cake, plain bc, and chocolate sugar cookies sounds heavenly.... icon_smile.gif

CNCS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CNCS Posted 1 May 2009 , 2:36pm
post #12 of 21

Vanilla wafer cookie and butter cake is devine.

Katiekatiekatie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiekatiekatie Posted 1 May 2009 , 4:50pm
post #13 of 21

I was looking for a chocolate cake idea to make for my chocolate lover sister. This sounds like an awesome idea! I read a post for peanut butter frosting ( I think) wonder if that would still work to keep the cookie soft. Was going to use a chocolate sugar cookie... HUMMM... I'm getting hungry!

Idreamofcakes Posted 1 May 2009 , 6:58pm
post #14 of 21

I use my regular cookie recipes and make them in the same size pans. I've had the edges get a lil over done a couple times from me not paying attention so I just used a serrated knife and trimmed it off. (Great snack while waiting to eat the cake) As for how thick....mmmmmm all up to what you want.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 1 May 2009 , 8:50pm
post #15 of 21

If you want to see a pic of a slice of cake with a cookie layer, check out chefjulie's post on pg. 1 of this thread: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-607123-butter.html

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 1 May 2009 , 10:21pm
post #16 of 21

icon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gificon_surprised.gifthumbs_up.gif

What a fantastic idea!! I can't wait to try this!!!!

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:03am
post #17 of 21

I remember reading that someone used the Betty Crocker pouch cookie mixes, and that it made the perfect amount...

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:06pm
post #18 of 21

I use the Betty Crocker mix... i does make a good amount and it saves me alot of time. When you cut the cake use a serrated knife and it wil lbe easier.

Katiekatiekatie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katiekatiekatie Posted 5 May 2009 , 1:37am
post #19 of 21

I made this for my sister this weekend. I made a small 6 inch cake with 5 layers very tall! I made sandys chocolate cake reciepe in 3, 2 inch layers and then a layer of chocolate chip and a layer of brownie between them. I covered it chocolate ganache and then fondant. I let it sit before I covered it. I also baked the brownie and the chocolate chip cookie (which I used the betty crocker bagged mix for and there was the perfect amount) in an 8 inch pan and then I cut the edges off and leveled them like I would a cake. My sister loved it! Believe it or not we all had a slice and there was still cake left. I am not a chocolate person but it did taste good and the ganache kept the cookie and brownie soft!

Try this!

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:18am
post #20 of 21

Wow, that sounds incredible!

Did you use ganache as the filling between layers as well as under your fondant?
Was the brownie layer thin, like the cookie one...and did you make it from a mix?

chassidyg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chassidyg Posted 5 May 2009 , 2:22am
post #21 of 21

These are yum! My fav is choc cake with peanut butter cookie!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%