What Kind Of Profector Do You Use.....

Baking By giraffe11 Updated 8 May 2009 , 5:46pm by Alagoas

giraffe11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giraffe11 Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:56am
post #1 of 16

......for projecting designs on cookies? Do most of you have these? I've just been free-handing everything. I can only keep thinking of the slide projector my parents used to have and all of those family vacation slide shows! icon_lol.gif

15 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:22pm
post #2 of 16

I have the Kopykake 300XK......wouldn't do cookies any other way!!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 1 May 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 16

Ditto Kiddiekakes!

giraffe11 Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:57am
post #4 of 16

Thanks very luch. I will google that.....
thumbs_up.gif Heather

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:10am
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

I have the Kopykake 300XK......wouldn't do cookies any other way!!

except it's cakes thumbs_up.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #6 of 16

I'm going to have to check this out. I keep hearing everyone talk about them...but I haven't seen them. =o)

So you can use them on cakes too??

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 May 2009 , 1:13pm
post #7 of 16

Yes...cakes too!!!

chilz822 Posted 2 May 2009 , 2:44pm
post #8 of 16

I got mine here instead of from Kopykake and saved almost $50 with shipping!
http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/Projectors-and-Lightboxes/KopyKake-Projectors/KopyKake-300XK-Projector.htm

there's also a 10% off coupon code at the top of that page... shipped quickly too!

giraffe11 Posted 2 May 2009 , 10:41pm
post #9 of 16

Did you get the extra extender tube and reduction lens or any other accessories? Can you get by without the additional pieces?

chilz822 Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:09am
post #10 of 16

I didn't get any extras yet. The only one I'm considering is the reduction lens, but in all honesty, I don't think you need it. You placed a 6" paper in the housing to reflect down. I printed all my designs from the web. If I couldn't get them small enough with the lens that came with it, I just printed them on a smaller scale. I really don't think you need it honestly, but that's just me.
icon_smile.gif
I do love the projector though. if you get it, I also recommend a edible marker so you can draw on your cookies and outline that way.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:20am
post #11 of 16

My DH bought me a projector for Chirstmas a couple of years ago. I used it once and didn't like it. I must have been doing something wrong. I just didn't think that the picture came out sharp enough to copy onto the cake.

I ended up doing the design freehand.

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:21am
post #12 of 16

Oh, and he bought me the Kopykake 300 XK

chilz822 Posted 3 May 2009 , 3:25am
post #13 of 16

I've only used mine for cookies and only a handful of times so far. The things I've done, I was able to get the pictures pretty clear. maybe it has to do with the pics being either b&w vs color or detailed vs simple.

I've only done b&w so far, coloring book style stuff as you can tell from my pics, but I'm pretty happy with the machine and what it's done for me so far... I of course may exercise my female perrogative and change my mind at any given moment!
icon_biggrin.gif

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 3 May 2009 , 7:45am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyfowler662

My DH bought me a projector for Chirstmas a couple of years ago. I used it once and didn't like it. I must have been doing something wrong. I just didn't think that the picture came out sharp enough to copy onto the cake.

I ended up doing the design freehand.

Did you use it for photos?? If so it is not good for that but it is good for clipart images. Also did you use the lens to fine tune the image?

Yomomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Yomomma Posted 5 May 2009 , 8:44pm
post #15 of 16

I've had the copykake 300xk for 3-4 years now & just figured out last week that I could turn the lens over and enlarge the picture. Man, I wish I could have figured this out sooner. It's been wonderful to have and use all this time but I was so limited b4 learning this.

Alagoas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alagoas Posted 8 May 2009 , 5:46pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yomomma

I've had the copykake 300xk for 3-4 years now & just figured out last week that I could turn the lens over and enlarge the picture. Man, I wish I could have figured this out sooner. It's been wonderful to have and use all this time but I was so limited b4 learning this.

Why this didn't pop to me? icon_cry.gif I never thought I could turn the lens... I bought mine many years ago, and just recently started using it for COOKIES... images were not in focus so I bought a larger pole at Home Depot and my DH cut it... it works great for COOKIES now and I love that I can make perfect monograms for Wedding COOKIES and a lot more fun things... but turning the lens over: I have to try that! icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%