SJ169 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:14pm
post #31 of 45

bump icon_biggrin.gif

holly4409 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holly4409 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 9:31pm
post #32 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcm_9

It was the dense but still spreadable, think peanut butter only a BIT thicker.

Def not poured or whipped, they wont hold up to the sharp corners.

hey vcm...

how do you make the ganache then? (dumb question from a newbie) i have just made it whipped. how do you get the "thicker than peanut butter" consistency?

TIA

cakewitch85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakewitch85 Posted 19 Jun 2009 , 11:01pm
post #33 of 45

icon_biggrin.gif i would also like to know. Thanks

Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 20 Jun 2009 , 3:12am
post #34 of 45

hey guys we were also talking about ganche on another posted topic a little while ago and here it is:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=634010&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

i reackon it will answer all your questions and is very helpful icon_biggrin.gif

staceyboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceyboots Posted 9 Feb 2010 , 2:42pm
post #35 of 45

save

joeygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeygirl Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 9:53pm
post #36 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_cupcakeshoppe

PLanet Cake uses ganache under their fondant too. the ratio they use is 2:1 for chocolate and 3:1 for white (i think). It looks really nice.

Great info! Before I do anything rash - is this ratio chocolate:cream by weight or volume?

ChelleW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChelleW Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:17pm
post #37 of 45

All of your questions will be answered by 'Inspired by Michelle' video tutorials on U Tube! She is great and explains things very clearly! It is a really simple way to make and cover with ganache that is foolproof - even I as a newbie managed to achieve it first time!!

joeygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joeygirl Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 10:28pm
post #38 of 45

I just found her website. THANKS! It looks fantastic!

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 12 Jul 2011 , 11:12pm
post #39 of 45

What if someone does not like chocolate?? I would love to try ganache but if they want vanilla cake and don't care for chocolate that would not work.. or is it a thin enough layer you dont taste it?

Rahunt84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rahunt84 Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 5:54am
post #40 of 45

Hi there,

I know this is an old post but I a newbie to fondant cakes in QLD and looking to use ganache.  Just wondering if you whip your ganache?

Thanks for any help.

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 24 Jun 2013 , 6:02am
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahunt84 

Hi there,

I know this is an old post but I a newbie to fondant cakes in QLD and looking to use ganache.  Just wondering if you whip your ganache?

Thanks for any help.

I don't whip mine , I like it to set up to a peanut butter consistency overnight and then spread it on and smooth it with a palette knife. 

justinaud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justinaud Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 8:49am
post #42 of 45

My cake was iced with Ganach 3:1 ration, I was able to cover it with fondant and it was one merry moment until I started smoothening it and the cake began to sag -  for some reason  ganache underneath the fondant  was melting or began to fall off the side and gather in the end of the cake- I am now sitting with a sagging cake wondering what to do

I am in hot and humid place but yes I did let the ganached cake sit on the counter for abt 8 hrs to prevent condensation

any help

FRANCIS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FRANCIS Posted 31 Jul 2013 , 1:36pm
post #43 of 45

Hi! Can you send to me the ganache recipe? So, If I use this recipe for cover cake and this cake covered with fondant and filling with strawberry ,can I put in the refrigerator ? Can you give any recommendation 

Kirsty m Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kirsty m Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 12:48am
post #44 of 45

AHi ladies I'm new to this whole cake making. Yes I've made cakes with the kids but nothing fancy. I'm on the Gold Coast and I'm really wanting to make my baby's first cake I already have in Mind that's its gonna be a two tier. Can you ladies advise me on the best fondant to buy or the best place to go get it & any hints or tricks would be fantastic thank you all so much for taking the time to read my post. Have a great day

MustangMollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustangMollie Posted 16 Sep 2013 , 3:32am
post #45 of 45

AWhat do the ratios for ganache mean?

I just bought a packet of already mixed (nothing to add just put it on the cake) ganache yesterday from creative cooks in Adelaide. Do I need to worry about the ratio or just put it on the cake?

I'm planning to put a bit of ganache between layers but use a choc mousse filling and use ganache to crumbcoat under fondant. Should I apply the ganache in the same thickness that I would butter cream?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%