Kitchenaid Batter Disaster!

Decorating By Munchkinette Updated 8 May 2009 , 12:49am by JenniferMI

Munchkinette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Munchkinette Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 4:18pm
post #1 of 8

So, I went to visit my parents for a few days and while there I decide to make a cake for my parents. Pulled out my mom's kitchen-aid mixer, all the ingredients for the cake, and got everything into the bowl. I plug the mixer in and then next thing I know cake batter is flying everywhere! Yep, I forgot to check to make sure it was turned OFF before plugging in the mixer! I swear it landed on every possible surface in the kitchen, including me! So I learned two things, one that a kitchen-aid on its highest setting has one heck of a splatter distance. And the most important lesson, to make sure the mixer is off before plugging it in, I will be double and triple checking from now on!

Becky

7 replies
lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 8

I can't tell you how many times I've just left my finger slip and turn it on full power! Yes, that's why I'm MessyBAker!!! icon_lol.gif

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:08am
post #3 of 8

Oh yeah, been there done that! icon_biggrin.gif Felt like Lucille Ball icon_lol.gif

rockysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rockysmommy Posted 1 May 2009 , 3:14am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkinette

So, I went to visit my parents for a few days and while there I decide to make a cake for my parents. Pulled out my mom's kitchen-aid mixer, all the ingredients for the cake, and got everything into the bowl. I plug the mixer in and then next thing I know cake batter is flying everywhere! Yep, I forgot to check to make sure it was turned OFF before plugging in the mixer! I swear it landed on every possible surface in the kitchen, including me! So I learned two things, one that a kitchen-aid on its highest setting has one heck of a splatter distance. And the most important lesson, to make sure the mixer is off before plugging it in, I will be double and triple checking from now on!

Becky

Did that...first time I ever used my new KA... icon_redface.gif
Thanks for the laugh! thumbs_up.gif

Robin

saap1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saap1204 Posted 1 May 2009 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 8

At least yours was cake batter--try a double batch of buttercream frosting with two pounds of the powdered sugar in the KA bow! icon_cry.gif I am still cleaning up powdered sugar. The funniest thing was I was covered head to toe in powdered sugar. icon_lol.gif What could I do but laugh (after uttering a few choice words).

I have also done the cake batter thing (a few times, unfortunately); I now always check my KA before I plug it in!

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:43pm
post #6 of 8

Been there, wrote the book! lol!

It's amazing how far powder sugar can travel.......... icon_biggrin.gif

My cat was black......now she's a grey kitty....

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 1 May 2009 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 8

Oh man...sorta did that - hit the button with one arm while the other hand was in the bowl at the time!

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 8 May 2009 , 12:49am
post #8 of 8

OMG - NOT a good thing!

Jen icon_smile.gif
PS - Hi fellow Michigander!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%