Royal Icing Transfer??

Decorating By Mikel79 Updated 1 May 2009 , 5:03pm by bbmom

Mikel79 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 1:36pm
post #1 of 11

Good Day All!!

Has anyone created a ROYAL ICING transfer. I read about BC transfers and Color flow transfers, but cannot find anything on Royal Icing transfers. Do you have instructions I can reference? Any TIPS on transfers?

Thank You,

10 replies
Shelly4481 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 2:59pm
post #2 of 11

That is so funny, I have been wondering the same thing. I do the FBCT all the time and want to know also. Glad someone ask. I don't see why it wouldn't work, may take a while to dry hard.

renee2007 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 11

I have done royal icing transfers. if you look in my pics, the clone trooper, the webkins and there might be another one, but those are royal icing transfers. I just outline and fill in with the RI and let it dry for several hours or overnight. hth

renee2007 Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:16pm
post #4 of 11

oh, and the palm trees on my jungle cupcakes are RI. when I first tried the RIT I p.m LoriMC. she helped me alot and has done amazing RIT. hth

toodlesjupiter Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:32pm
post #5 of 11

The Egyptian cake in my photos are RITs. One tip is to make sure they're completely dry, then take the parchment(or whatever you use) and slide it over the edge of the counter, pulling down on the paper to loosen it. Less breakage that way. Also, make sure that your icing is the proper flooding consistency. When you drop it back onto itself it should disappear by the count of 7, I believe. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that. Hope that helps!

MissBaritone Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 6:16pm
post #6 of 11

It's an old British technique. Try googling royal icing run outs and you'll find loads of stuff

agroeve Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 9:48pm
post #7 of 11

It also knows as flooding. pipe the outline and any other detailed lines you need in stiff royal icing then add water to rest of the icing to thin it down. dont add too much!i judge by running a fork through the icing in the bowl and if the marks dissappear by the count of 10 its thin enough then just flood the outline. if you are colouring the icing do it before thinning the icing and if you are using more than one colour let each one harden for at least half an hour before you do the next one or they will run into each other.
hope this helps

Mikel79 Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 11

Thank you so much everyone. This helps out a lot...

jamiekwebb Posted 1 May 2009 , 1:23pm
post #9 of 11

Sounds just like the color flow instructions... what is the difference? Other than the ingerdient I mean?! icon_smile.gif

TheMightyQuinn Posted 1 May 2009 , 4:57pm
post #10 of 11

what other types of color flow are there? what we learned in class last week was called color flow but it was with royal icing. Im confused =)

bbmom Posted 1 May 2009 , 5:03pm
post #11 of 11

The only difference is you add the "colorflow" mix to the royal icing, technique-wise its the same. Wilton sells a colorflow ingred. it basically makes the royal stronger.

Quote by @%username% on %date%