Help - Boobs On A 9X13 Sheet Cake (Corset Cake)

Decorating By cakesrpretty Updated 2 May 2009 , 5:30am by patticakesnc

cakesrpretty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrpretty Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:28pm
post #1 of 7

Hi,

This is my first posticon_smile.gif

I am making a corset cake this weekend. I already baked a 9x13 sheet cake and 2 mini wonder molds. I do not like how the mini wonder molds look for the boobs.
What can I use for boobs on a 9x13 sheet cake (carved)?
Most people say they use a 12x18 sheet cake and the 6" sports ball pan but the sports ball pan balls will probably be too big for a 9x13 sheet cake.
I only need it to feed 15 ppl so a 9x13 is plenty. HELP!!!!!

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm
post #2 of 7

You can bake them in an oven safe bowl that's the size you need.

I bet the mini wonder molds are a little too pointy...they'd make a good Madonna corset though!

Carson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carson Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 7

I used the mini wonder molds and just carved a bit off the top to "round" them out a little more...I have one the same size in my pics...

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 3:39pm
post #4 of 7

i only had a 7 inch heart, but it could still work, i cut out rounds of cake in different sizes and stacked and carved them.
if you have already made the mini ball pan though, id just carve them!
xx

Bellatheball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bellatheball Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 5:31pm
post #5 of 7

I have one that I made in my photos. I cut about 3/4inch slice from the middle of the mini wonder mold cakes to make the boobs shorter. In hindsight, I'd have filled out the bust with a little fondant padding on the sides. Maybe my photo will help?

lindambc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lindambc Posted 2 May 2009 , 4:15am
post #6 of 7

First of all, Welcome!

I made a corset cake recently, its in my pictures. I use the Wilton sportsball pan for the "girls". They came out really nice!

Hope that helps! Good Luck!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 2 May 2009 , 5:30am
post #7 of 7

When I did mine I used two 9x13 inch. I laid them side by side (13 in sides touching) and then carved it out. I only did this because my oven is too small to use my large pan. icon_sad.gif

Anyway. I used these two ceramic baking things my mom bought me. They are actually apples (shaped) but I would think that you could use a small oven safe bowl. Like I said basically that is what is used on mine. I think mine ended up being around 11x18 and there was about 20-30 people that ate it.

You could probably even use coffee cups (if they are oven safe) the kind that isn't like a cylinder but more rounded then you may have to tweek them but it may work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%