Mixing Boxed With Scratch Cakes

Lounge By dunglawi Updated 29 Apr 2009 , 9:50pm by brincess_b

dunglawi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dunglawi Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 5

Hi, my name is Lisa. I'm new to the group. Could anyone tell me if it's possible and with good results to mix a boxed cake mix with a scratch cake? Or am I asking for trouble?Thanks you inadvance for any support on this. I'm looking forward to interacting on this forum. I've been following it for some time now.
Lisa

4 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:40pm
post #2 of 5

id say not really, theres too much going on. you might as well just do one or the other.
there are a lot of good scratch recipes on here. theres also recipes for modifying a box mix, wasc is a popular one.
mixes are good on their own too, but they might not hold up to things like carving, they are a bit soft.
xx

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 5

Try the cake mix extender recipe or the white almond sour cream cake recipe both from this site. They both start with box mixes and and add different amounts of flour/sugar etc. I use the cake mix extender recipe for my cupcakes and everyone loves them, plus it gives me about 29-30 cupcakes per recipe. Good luck!

dunglawi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dunglawi Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 2:25am
post #4 of 5

Hi, thanks so much. it took me 20 min to find where I posted this question. I'm a computer dud. Can't wait to get more accainted with this sight.
Lisa

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 29 Apr 2009 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 5

if you post a topic, if you go to view it, down the bottom left after the post is a 'watch this topic for replies' button, which helps you to keep track of things. also make sure your setting let you know when replies are posted too. at least, i think its in there, lol.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%