Lace On A Wedding Dress Silhouette

Decorating By KristyCakes Updated 5 May 2009 , 11:39am by linedancer

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 11:57am
post #1 of 11

Would anyone have an idea of how I could make a dress silhouette (flat, fondant on the top of a cake) look like it is lace? Other than piping small detail in Royal Icing, I'm stuck for ideas. The cake, itself, will be pretty small - 7" round. I'm afraid the Royal Icing idea won't look delicate enough... There are always so many wonderful ideas from such creative people on this site... so thank you in advance!

10 replies
linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:05pm
post #2 of 11

You might try using patchwork cutters or embossers. I used them for these cookies:
LL

KristyCakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:10pm
post #3 of 11

Thank you so much, linedancer! This is exactly the effect I was thinking. I REALLY appreciate your thoughts and the photo, too. You cookies are beautiful. -Kristy

G_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
G_Cakes Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:15pm
post #4 of 11

You could try a pasta roller, I have one and use is when I need to cut thin straight strips...and it works like a charm ...hope this helps icon_smile.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:21pm
post #5 of 11

linedancer, which patchwork cutters or embossers did you use on those cookies? They are beautiful! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

linedancer Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 11

You are welcome and thanks for your kind words about my cookies. Here is the patchwork set I used. This one is from Country Kitchen because their picture is better, I think Global Art sells them too:

http://www.countrykitchensa.com/catalog/product.aspx?T=1&productId=630851

Good Luck with your project

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:32pm
post #7 of 11

Thank you so much! icon_smile.gif

queenie1958 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
queenie1958 Posted 5 May 2009 , 3:13am
post #8 of 11

I'll have to get myself some of these. I've been using impression mats and I like them, but these sound really cool.

linedancer Posted 5 May 2009 , 11:03am
post #9 of 11

They are great, this was the first set I bought, just to try, and I use it all the time. Lucky choice for me. I use impression mats sometimes too, but you can place your embossing more precisely with these. Also if you are into it, you can paint the image, or use what Marion Frost calls Mexican paste and actually use them as cutters, paint the resulting form and place them on cakes. Here is a web site about them:

http://www.patchworkcutters.co.uk/

KristyCakes Posted 5 May 2009 , 11:11am
post #10 of 11

Thank you for the information! My set comes tomorrow, I can't wait to try it!

linedancer Posted 5 May 2009 , 11:39am
post #11 of 11

You are welcome, good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%