Have To Share A Funny

Business By Kitagrl Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm by michellesArt

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:01am
post #1 of 10

Got an email today from a lady who got referred to me by another home baker who is soon moving out of state. I referred several clients to this other baker back when I was having surgery.

Anyway so the email goes on to explain she realizes its a bit last minute but she needs this cake for this weekend....and it has to do with some kind of architect project and the cake needed to be some kind of reproduction of a house they made for the project (I read the email quickly because once I got to the end I realized the answer was "no" without re-reading it!).

Anyway the funny part was that after she decided to request a complex 3D reproduction cake with only four days advance notice, she went on to ask if, since she was with a nonprofit group, I could donate the cake or at least give a discount. In return of course I would possibly get recognition in high places for my business name. icon_confused.gif

"I'm sorry, I hate to pass up this most excellent opportunity to stay up 48 hours straight to reproduce your house in cake for free or cheap.... BUT I'M BOOKED SOLID!"

icon_lol.gif

9 replies
sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:27am
post #2 of 10

LOL geez could she have asked for a little more?

Laura102777 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laura102777 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:56am
post #3 of 10

Perhaps she would even let you come over and wash her dishes and scrub her toilets if you ask very nicely. icon_smile.gif

Kitagrl Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:08am
post #4 of 10

I guess she could have asked for me to pay her $250 for the opportunity to make her a cake...haha.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:16pm
post #5 of 10

People are nuts! And you might possibly get recognition? Like she can't make up her mind if you will or won't?

Kitagrl Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:22pm
post #6 of 10

Well she assumed I'd get recognition but the reasons she gave me were because of what had happened in her group in the past, not what was going to happen now.

slush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slush Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:40pm
post #7 of 10

I can't believe how many people will ask for sooooo much for NOTHING!!
aren't they embarassed??
There are always similar threads, at least when it happens to me now I won't be SO shocked, just dissapointed.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:18pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Anyway the funny part was that after she decided to request a complex 3D reproduction cake with only four days advance notice, she went on to ask if, since she was with a nonprofit group, I could donate the cake or at least give a discount. In return of course I would possibly get recognition in high places for my business name. icon_confused.gif

Ah hahahahahahahahahah!!! Wait, can't you just pull a cake like that out of your butt with no effort on your part? It's only a cake, right? It can't take THAT long to do, can it? Cake mix isn't that expensive, it can't cost that much to make it. Boy, you're really being unreasonable turning down this wonderful opportunity!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:34pm
post #9 of 10

If it makes you feel any better,
I had a guy last week that had the gall to tell me to my face that I should give him- yes for free- a $30,000 boat because he could show it off to his friends and help me make sales.

I had to stab myself in the leg with a pen to prevent myself from laughing in his face.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 3:52pm
post #10 of 10

i had a similar experience-last minute too "oh it's for a surprise 40th you only turn 40 once" me with my busy work schedule and having orders for that weekend already can't take on another cake her "well, it would be really simple and easy...just a car cake-her hubbie owns xxx (company) with a snowboard and hockey sticks out of it-and could it look like the car she drives"blablabla...no i am already booked my version of simple and noncakers version don't even come close!!! like what the heck (i do regret a bit not accepting it but i have a family, house and other job to compete with my time i'm already streched thin enough-thank you very much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%