??'s On Princess Cake

Decorating By ddwolf Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 4:01am by erikamj

ddwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddwolf Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:09am
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! I'm making a princess cake (the kind where cake is dress) and would like to put her on a square or rectangle cake. Do I need some sort of support i.e. dowels? Will she crush the cake underneath? I would just put her beside the other cake but haven't a clue what type of design to put on that cake. Now that I think of it I don't know what to put on that cake if it's under her either!! icon_redface.gif Ideas or Suggestions?

Thank you all I appreciate it so much!

3 replies
clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:25am
post #2 of 4

I've got a couple pictures in my photos - one on a sheetcake and one with small cakes stacked beside her decorated like a table. If you do a search for "barbie" or doll you'll see millions of ideas.

Yes, you need to put dowels in the bottom cake to support her.

ddwolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddwolf Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:33am
post #3 of 4

I thought I'd need dowels, but wanted to double check. Your pictures are awesome! Thank you so much for response, think I'll figure something out for a cake beside her haven't done anything yet with stacking.

erikamj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erikamj Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 4:01am
post #4 of 4

I have made barbies sitting on top of square and circle cakes before and never doweled them. I have never had a problem with the barbie cake squishing the bottom cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%