Fbct On A Top Tier?

Decorating By Valli_War Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm by Valli_War

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:44pm
post #1 of 3

I need some help, advice and if possible some example cake picture. My friend asked me to make her daughter's birthday cake. She doesn't want me to put in lot of time, just a simple FBCT of Caillou on the top of a half sheet cake. I was planning to make two cakes of 13 X 9 and put them together. But, I also want to add one more cake on the top (eggless cake) as a top tier since there are some people who do not eat eggs at the party. If I want to keep the cake height as 2 " (single layer with filling), can I use another 13 X9 or some other size 2 " cake on the top? My biggest question is how will FBCT look on the top cake?

So, My cake (idea) will be top tier 13 X 9 put horizontally, bottom tier 13 X 18 cake. So the top tier's 9" side is in line with bottom tier's 13".

TIA,

2 replies
saberger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saberger Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:52pm
post #2 of 3

I don't see why it wouldn't look nice. I would make sure that you have some good dowel support for it, because it is going to be heavy. I did a caillou fbct for my dd 3rd birthday.

Good luck!

Valli_War Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Valli_War Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 2:03pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by saberger

I don't see why it wouldn't look nice. I would make sure that you have some good dowel support for it, because it is going to be heavy. I did a caillou fbct for my dd 3rd birthday.

Good luck!

Thanks. Your Caillou cake is in my favorites. Beautiful work by the way. I looked at your other cakes now and you do a very good job.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%