Should I Just Give The Cake Away

Decorating By pattycakes55d Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 7:13am by pattycakes55d

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:31am
post #1 of 5

I made a choc mud cake with raspberry puree and fresh raspberries in between the layers. Then the phone rang and they cancelled. I now have a cake that's half done. I just wrapped it and put it in the freezer as is. No crumb coat.

Will fresh raspberries go bad, should I take it out and crumb coat it at least. Would it last until Mother's Day? Or just cut my losses and pass it out to friends? Thanks for your help.

4 replies
AfordRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AfordRN Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:41am
post #2 of 5

I would think it should be fine. When my MIL picks her raspberries, she freezes them and uses them in dessert all winter long.

Don't you just hate the last minute cancels? icon_mad.gif Make me re-think the whole deposit situation. icon_wink.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:44am
post #3 of 5

Yeah...I don't think that canceling when you are 1/2 way through making their cake is acceptable. Hope you got a deposit or full amount paid on it.

But no fresh raspberries won't hold well for a week. They may not be rotten in a week but won't be that good either.

summernmicah99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernmicah99 Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 5:46am
post #4 of 5

I would decorate it - some cool design you wanted to do but never got the order for - and call some friends for a girls night in or make a date with the family; play cards, watch a movie, gossip & serve the cake... Get opinions & pics, use the cake for your portfolio as well as enjoying yourself! Life and cake are what we make of them... have a blast with it!

pattycakes55d Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakes55d Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 7:13am
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone. I did not ask for a deposit. This taught me to do that in the future. The birthday guy got sick and had to go to the hospital, so I do understand, but.....

The cake is enough to feed 15 or so, so I'll cut in half and give it to some girlfriends to take into work. People will enjoy it and maybe get some future business.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%