Help With Superman Cake

Decorating By Soetpatat Updated 28 Apr 2009 , 2:58am by luv2cook721

Soetpatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Soetpatat Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 11:46pm
post #1 of 8

Hi all,
I need to do a superman cake. Any ideas out there. I probably will make it on a flat surface and then outline the superman on the cake. Do not know how to outline it though, or what to use. Is is difficult for a beginner to something like this.
I would like to stay away from fondant for this one, the family requested only buttercream. I usually use fondant. Maybe I can cut the superman out of fondant or gumpaste? Help and see what you guys can come up with. I will try and look back tonight. I am off to church and have to get kids ready.
Thanks a bunch....

7 replies
cakesbytanya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbytanya Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:10pm
post #2 of 8

Why don't you take a picture off the internet or a coloring book and do a frozen buttercream transfer. They are relatively easy and look great.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:14pm
post #3 of 8

Here is a superman cake I have done several times.I used a coloring page for superman in my projecter.
LL

delectabledesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
delectabledesserts Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 8

Find a picture online, blow the picture up to fit the size of the cake, trace on parchment paper with piping gel and transfer to the cake, then outline using tip 2 or 3 and fill in your colors with buttercream icing

Debluvs2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debluvs2bake Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 8

I made the "S" emblam by tracing the "S" onto rolled fondant and cutting our with an exacto knife. A bit ptimitive but it came out well. I don't have it uploaded on CC but you can go to my web site to see it.

lilym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilym Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 6:34pm
post #6 of 8

Like the girls says find a picture off the internet or a coloring book and trance on partchment paper. With a needle poke round partchment paper. Place trace paper with holds on top of cake and with a poach with cocoa powder tap trace paper on top of the cake when done remove paper and you'll have the image of what you trace.

Hope this helps!

Soetpatat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Soetpatat Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 12:35am
post #7 of 8

Wow!! THANK YOU all, that is such good advice. Now I can't wait to start practicing...
One question though - when I do piping on parchment and transfer it to the cake - does it not fall off when I turn the paper upside down on the cake? Or do I have to be fast AND careful?
I will test most of the advice on smaller scale and see which one works best. Thank you again!

luv2cook721 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cook721 Posted 28 Apr 2009 , 2:58am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetpatat

Wow!! THANK YOU all, that is such good advice. Now I can't wait to start practicing...
One question though - when I do piping on parchment and transfer it to the cake - does it not fall off when I turn the paper upside down on the cake? Or do I have to be fast AND careful?
I will test most of the advice on smaller scale and see which one works best. Thank you again!

If using piping gel, it will stick to the parchment and you press it down onto your crusted smooth buttercream, then trace over the piping gel lines with piped colored buttercream. It is pretty easy to do.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%