What Filling Do You Use For A Outdoor Wedding?

Decorating By topaz176 Updated 23 May 2009 , 5:21am by DreamCakesOnline

Becky52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Becky52 Posted 21 May 2009 , 3:56am
post #31 of 35

The grocery store is called Cash Wise. Not sure if that's a local grocery store or nation-wide. They are the standard fillings that you get from websites or at cake shoppes. I hope you can find them at yours, that are so convenient. I also have ordered them from global sugar art.

CookiezNCupcakez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookiezNCupcakez Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:39am
post #32 of 35

I need to look into this "sleeve filling" detective.gif

yamber82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yamber82 Posted 23 May 2009 , 4:58am
post #33 of 35

i have been wondering about the jams too. i tried a mayhaw jelly once on a white cake and it was discusting, lol. kinda scared me away from those types.

i generally use bc. the last cake i made was for a friend of a friend and i still havn't got paid for it icon_sad.gif anyway, i used canned icing for hers, lol. it was cheap and easy, haha.

i think my fave recipe so far for filling is the bhg no cook fudge icing. i have been using it a lot and everybody loves it. it doesn't need to be refrigerated and it makes the cake really super moist because it is kinda thin and it absorbs into the cake. i have used it on choc, red velvet, and my fave was with vanilla. it also looked really pretty in the vanilla cake icon_smile.gif

i can find the recipe if yall are interested. i was thinking of adding it to the recipes list anyway.

i would love to hear some of you guy's favorite variations on bc as that is pretty much the main thinkg that can be used without refridgerating. tha kahlua sounds really good. how much do you ad?

nicolesprinkle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesprinkle Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:07am
post #34 of 35

I have heard a lot of people raving about the cookie filling! I haven't tried it, but I can't wait.

DreamCakesOnline Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamCakesOnline Posted 23 May 2009 , 5:21am
post #35 of 35

I made a bunch of filled cupcakes for a street fair this past weekend and I did several that are heat stable. One was a caramel sauce (sugar, karo syrup and vanilla) with pecans in it in dark chocolate which tasted like turtle candies. Another was sugar-free raspberry preserves with buttercream and used that in lemon cupcakes. I also mixed bottled key lime juice with sweetened condensed milk for a custard consistency and put that in white cupcakes. Ones that sold out first were sweetened condensed milk with canned cherries (not pie filling) and one drop of cherry flavoring and that was in a dark chocolate so it tasted like chocolate covered cherries. Also did a coconut milk, cornstarch, sugar and canned pineapple to make a pina colada filling and put that in coconut cupcakes. They sold out second. One that didn't sell as well was Nutella and buttercream mixed together and melted white chocolate chips with macadamia nuts mixed with buttercream which tastes like the cookies from Subway. Hope that gives you some ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%