So Sorry For Another One I Need Help Asap!!!!

Decorating By CanadianCakin Updated 25 Apr 2009 , 10:13pm by Deb_

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 7

Sorry about another buttercream rose question but I am having issues and my cake is for tommorow!!
As I am making my rose the base keeps going lopsided! I've used the wilton buttercream recipe in the stiff consistency!
Is there a way to keep that from happening??? Thanks so much I'm kinda freakn' out!!!

Thanks for your wisdom in advance!
Ashley

6 replies
butterfly831915 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterfly831915 Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 7

I have this happen to me too, it always messes me up.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 7

i know some people just make the base out of fondant or a hersheys kiss.
xx

CanadianCakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CanadianCakin Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #4 of 7

Oh yeah and when I do get them to stay upright when I am done they seem to be really fat!

bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 7

Are you using a flower nail? I've never had good luck on those, I was taught to make a rose on the tip of a pencil, going around the tip to make the "bud", then starting on the rose. When your rose is finished, remove with a pair of clean scissors. This is what's worked best for me. Hope it helps!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 5:40pm
post #6 of 7

It's ok if it does that,if you've had enough petals on just lift it off with your scissors where the rose ends and place on your cake or where ever you intend to keep them,discard the rest into your icing batch.The rose will not look lopsided on your cake at all.
Some people are able to continue,it's ok if you can't ,again are you making your cone too tall.

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 10:13pm
post #7 of 7

It sounds like your icing is too soft. My hands get really warm when I'm decorating, so I take an ice pack out of the freezer and lay my piping bag on it for a few minutes. (I usually have 2 bags going at once, so the one I'm not using stays on the ice pack.)

You could try adding a little more PS to your icing to stiffen it up a bit.

I make my roses on a *sharpened* dowel.

HTH
Deb icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%