Cupcake Lines Falling Off

Baking By letem_eat_cakes Updated 30 Apr 2009 , 12:51am by l_m_mena

letem_eat_cakes Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 11:20am
post #1 of 7

my cupcake liners ALWAYS fall off. icon_cry.gif How do i stop this from happening?

6 replies
pipercakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 7

They fall off by themselves?? Wow - I've never had that happen. What kind of cupcake are you baking? It may not have ingredients in it that adhere to the liners. I assume these are typical cupcake papers, not silicon or something? I've never used the silicon cups.

Sorry they are giving you so much trouble!

cathyscakes Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #3 of 7

Are you leaving the cupcakes in the pan to cool, make sure you remove the cupcakes as soon as they come out of the oven, and I don't think it will happen.

Criola Posted 25 Apr 2009 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 7

That happens only if I don't remove the cupcakes from the pan immediately after I take them out of the oven...I think it creates moisture when left in the pan to cool...hope this helps =)

letem_eat_cakes Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 8:38am
post #5 of 7

pipercakes: yes they fall off by themselves, before i pick them up to ice them. and yes i use the regualr liners.

cathyscakes & Criola: i will try that the next time i do cupcakes. thanks so much.

7yyrt Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 6:03pm
post #6 of 7

I find if I use a recipe that's too oily, sometimes I have problems with the liners coming loose.

l_m_mena Posted 30 Apr 2009 , 12:51am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyscakes

Are you leaving the cupcakes in the pan to cool, make sure you remove the cupcakes as soon as they come out of the oven, and I don't think it will happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criola

That happens only if I don't remove the cupcakes from the pan immediately after I take them out of the oven...I think it creates moisture when left in the pan to cool...hope this helps =)

THANK YOU!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I usually don;t have this problem, but last week I made some cupcakes and they were very soft, so I left them on the pan to cool. Next day, when I went to ice the, the paper was falling off and I couldn't for the life of me figure what had happened. After reading this it is obvious!!!

I baked new cuppies today and took them out of the pan even though they were soft, and the lines are staying in place perfectly.

One more time: Thank you!!! party.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%