? For Anyone Renting A Kitchen (Or Having Rented In The Past

Business By sjholderman Updated 27 Apr 2009 , 1:55am by MnSnow

sjholderman Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 7:48am
post #1 of 4

Well, I have several questions, but lets start with: How do you handle insurance? Do you get your own under your business name or do you operate under the insurance of the kitchen you're renting? I want to start approaching kitchens in the beginning of May, and I'd like to have my ducks in a row (or at least in a loose bunch icon_smile.gif) TIA

3 replies
harlemcakelady Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 1:58pm
post #2 of 4


I started by finding the kitchen first. Once I found the kitchen they laid out all of the requirements. One of their requirements was that I get insurance for an X amount of liabilty coverage and their name had to be on the policy as a secondary.

This helps protect you and the kitchen you cook out of in case there is an issue.

sjholderman Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 4

Thank you!

MnSnow Posted 27 Apr 2009 , 1:55am
post #4 of 4

I got my own liability insurance through my homeowners agent. It is a seperate policy from all our other ones and strictly for my business. Really cheap too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%