"rollin' With Da Big Dawgz!"

Decorating By Edibleconcept Updated 23 Apr 2009 , 4:34am by sugarMomma

Edibleconcept Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edibleconcept Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 2:52am
post #1 of 5

Just have to say to all in CC World, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"
I FINALLY have my very own Kitchen Aid Mixer!!

Thank You & Good Night. icon_redface.gif

Now I feel like a Giddy School Girl whose boobies finally grew in! icon_lol.gif Can anyone relate?! Now, what's the tips, tricks, & trade-off's? I would love to hear back from my CC Fam.

4 replies
CakeMommy3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommy3 Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:09am
post #2 of 5

Congratulations!!! That's the day that changed my life! I believe none of my cake decorating would have been possible without it. It shall bring you great joy. icon_smile.gif

bizatchgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bizatchgirl Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:19am
post #3 of 5

I got my first KA just this last Christmas. My mom and sis thought I was nuts because I kept hugging it icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif And I was beaming like a mad woman.

One thing I didn't like at first was that mine (model name is something like HD Profesional) has the arms that hold the bowl. You turn a lever to lower the bowl and raise it. I don't like that you have to take the beater off to get the bowl off. I learned to live with it though.

Oh, and I was stupid and didn't read the book. I couldn't figure out why my mixer kept making this little ka-thunk as it went around. Turns out the little knobby thing on the bowl is mean to fit into the little tab in the back with the little hole. icon_redface.gif

My MIL just got almost the same exact mixer and my 2 SIL weren't listening to me about how the bowl should sit. The blade went around once, the bowl went KA-THUNK and the bowl had set in the little hole like it was supposed to. It was like the KA got the final word in for me!

Congrats. I love my KA, and I'm sure you will too. I would never have been able to make MMF without it.

cathyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyscakes Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:32am
post #4 of 5

I know what you mean, I always tell my husband that it was the best christmas gift he has ever given me. People think that is weird, "an appliance" but its true, I love my kitchenaid.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 23 Apr 2009 , 4:34am
post #5 of 5

If you have the silver metal beater blades, definitely do not put them in the dishwasher like my DH did (even though I told him not to, but do they ever listen?)

It will ruin the finish and give it a strange smell and tactile feel. The smell will eventually fade, but the feel reminds me of running nails across a chalkboard.

And I love the cover I finally got, keeps the parts clean and dust free. Check out flameka.com if you want to pimp it out Alton Brown style.

Have fun and welcome to Team KA! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%