Sugarshack Buttercream

Decorating By courtney1009 Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm by courtney1009

courtney1009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
courtney1009 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 5

Okay so forgive me, I usually use SMBC but I wanted to try the sugarshack buttercream. I feel like mine turned out a tiny bit grainy. What did I do wrong? Do you think it's because I used Alpine shortening instead of sweetex? Did I not mix it long enough?

Also if I can get my frosting to work I'm thinking about getting some wedding bouquet. Can anyone tell me what it tastes like. It's kinda expensive if I don't like it.

4 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 5

If you are used to SMBC, any powdered sugar icing is going to be grainy to you. It's because the sugar isn't dissolved. You might try a non crusting buttercream, like the house buttercream from the Whimsical Bakehouse, if you want something different. But if you've mastered smoothing SMBC.....I say you've got it made!

courtney1009 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:26pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks. I tried it so that I would have a crusting buttercream. Maybe I"ll just have to get used to it. Thanks for the advice.

sugarshack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarshack Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:26pm
post #4 of 5

i think all shortening icings will hav a tiny bit of grit tothem compared to SMBC but it should not be much. You should not feel it on your tongue, maybe only a tad if you "chew" it bewteen your teeth. any more than that means you got a bad batch of PS and it does happen from time to time.

WB is hard to describe as it is a combo of many flavors. I can readily taste the almond, butter, vanilla, with a hint of citrus, but it is wonderfully blended so it's an overall taste, not one predominant. I adore the stuff, but I know evryone will not care for it.

courtney1009 Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:57pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks Sharon for your help! I think I'll try the Wedding Bouquet too. I want something different from plain old vanilla.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%