Need Ideas

Decorating By pattigunter Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm by pattigunter

pattigunter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattigunter Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:21pm
post #1 of 7

My daughters boyfriend is graduating from high school and his mom has asked me to do a cake for the after-graduation party. He is a HUGE hunter/fisherman and he wants the cake to be in that theme. His mom of course wants a graduation theme. I'd love to be able to incorporate the two somehow.

My thoughts are to maybe do a deer hunting tree stand in a tree and have the tree perched on a sheet cake with a lake and some fishing supplies on it and maybe a deer or two. Then I thought I could put a few books and maybe a cap/gown & diploma at the base of the tree.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to be able to satisfy both him and his mom. This is looking to be a huge cake!

6 replies
pattigunter Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 3:42pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone???

clovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clovely Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 7

I think I'd go with a "more time for fishing!" (now that he's graduated) theme.

I'm not sure how but maybe a guy on a boat on a lake with the graduation cap and gown crumpled on the dock behind him.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 7

Ahhh... the hunting cake... I had to make a Rice Krispy Treat/Deer head cake. I put it on a camo-pattern cake... You could do something similar but put a graduation cap on the deer's head?

jimandmollie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jimandmollie Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:36pm
post #5 of 7

Ooooooh. I love the deer with the graduation cap idea! Or, you could also do one of those mounted singing bass fish with a cap on! I love it! lol icon_biggrin.gif

cas17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cas17 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 10:49pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by clovely

I think I'd go with a "more time for fishing!" (now that he's graduated) theme.

I'm not sure how but maybe a guy on a boat on a lake with the graduation cap and gown crumpled on the dock behind him.

i like this idea and your own was really cool too.

pattigunter Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 12:39pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you ladies so much for your ideas. I love all of them. I will be worrying myself sick for the next month until this cake comes together in my head.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%