Adapting The Wonder Mold Pan Question

Decorating By cookieswithdots Updated 22 Apr 2009 , 8:53pm by cookieswithdots

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:26am
post #1 of 6

Hey CCer's--

I want to make a Barbie cake out of the wonder mold; but I think what comes with it is really ugly. So-- is it possible to buy another Barbie and adapt it to fit? I know weird question, but I figure there has to be someone who has tried this.

This is a last minute cake, and I want to make it special for my Granddaughter, who is turning 5 this week.

Thanks!
Melissa

5 replies
tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 6

I've done it. The barbie I put in the cake was actually the little girls present(I couldn't mess it up). Just cut a hole in the center that is big enough to accomodate the doll and tort the cake to make it taller. The real barbie has very long legs! If you are not trying to preserve the doll, you could take the legs off and just use the body. HTH

The_Puzzler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The_Puzzler Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:22am
post #3 of 6

Hi, I made a Barbie cake for my niece's birthday. I used a Barbie doll and wrapped the legs in cling wrap to keep it clean. Then I stacked the Wonder Doll Mold cake on top of a 10" cake and trimmed the two cakes to match. I cut a hole down the middle of the cakes and put in the doll.

I've also seen Barbie dolls in a Wonder Doll Mold sitting on a much larger cake made to look like a pedestal/stand/stage.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 4:41am
post #4 of 6

i always have the customer.. buy their pretty barbie doll for their daughter or whomever... then i go from there. i use the wonder mold and then an 8x2 inch cake . hth

cupcakesnbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakesnbuttercream Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:25am
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Puzzler

Hi, I made a Barbie cake for my niece's birthday. I used a Barbie doll and wrapped the legs in cling wrap to keep it clean. Then I stacked the Wonder Doll Mold cake on top of a 10" cake and trimmed the two cakes to match. I cut a hole down the middle of the cakes and put in the doll.

I've also seen Barbie dolls in a Wonder Doll Mold sitting on a much larger cake made to look like a pedestal/stand/stage.

Same here...except i don't trim the bottom cake to match, i kinda use it as the doll's 'platform'

cookieswithdots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookieswithdots Posted 22 Apr 2009 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the info on the doll. I had to kind of laugh because I think I'll be feeling like the kid in the movie Toy Story who took all of the toys apart and made weird things out of them. I'm going to buy a Barbie and have my husband take her legs off.

This has been a rough week for our family. My daughter-in-law decided she no longer wanted wants to be married and left. She still sees the kids; but it's heartbreaking for us. My Granddaughter's 5th birthday is tomorrow and so we decided to have a very special small party for her. I really want this cake to turn out. Not so much over the top, I just want her to eyes to light up. She's a cutie.

Thanks again
Melissa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%