Idea For Cupcakes For Peacock-Themed Wedding

Decorating By petitesweets Updated 24 Apr 2009 , 12:38am by Jennifer1970

petitesweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitesweets Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 6:26pm
post #1 of 7

My friend's daughter is getting married and she asked if I would do cupcakes for her. There will be only 30-35 people in attendance. She would like peacock colors and the couple both are avid readers. She is having stacks of books tied with peacock-colored ribbons and a peacock feather tucked in for the centerpieces. They also met while working at Starbucks.
Any ideas?? Thank you!

6 replies
CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 11:53am
post #2 of 7

do a search for peacock cake...I found many websites...for fake feathers (gorgeous) and a wedding cake which looks like to copied a peacock patterned napkin maybe doing an edible image and wrapped cake in it. Good luck.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 12:03pm
post #3 of 7

could you make little fondant peacock feathers? Do a swirl of icing and lay a fondant feather on top?

petitesweets Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to try my luck making fondant feathers. I also found a pretty swirl stamp that reminds me of a peacock. Maybe I could stamp it on fondant and somehow paint it with edible colors. I have my work cut out for me!
I did see another post here about baking in Starbuck's cups. I stopped by Starbuck's yesterday and they were nice enough to give me 2 small cups for a trial run. I thought it would be cute to make 2 Starbucks "drinks" and place them near the cake on a pedestal...kind of like a groom's cake.
If anyone else has a brainstorm, let me know!

pipercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipercakes Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 2:40pm
post #5 of 7

What a neat wedding theme! I envision a singe peacock feather on each cupcake as well. A light color blue icing and a feather painted with various luster dust colors for high-pigment and shimmer.

A fondant feather wouldn't be too difficult to do - start with the basic shape and score it - score - it score it.

OR CHECK OUT THIS IDEA from CC member Kavingate:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-1160880.html

petitesweets Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 6:15pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks for all the ideas! I ordered a few "peacock-esque" cutters online. I am thinking of going with something not as literal as the peacock cupcake on this site (although that one is very cute!). I wish the tulip shaped cups came in bronze...I would bake them in those and then tie a ribbon around the outside and maybe tuck a mini peacock feather in each.
I think I am going to put them on a round silver tray and them stack antique glass pedestals on top of that. I may nix the feather in each one and fan feathers in a circle underneath the silver tray....so many options!

Jennifer1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer1970 Posted 24 Apr 2009 , 12:38am
post #7 of 7

How about using a cupcake tower, and frosting the cupcakes in jewel tones (like the colors in a peacock feather) going up the stand? Each layer has a different icing color. You could use the same ribbon that the bride is using for her centerpieces to glue to the edges of the stand, and tuck peacock feathers in between.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%