Liners Stick All The Time!

Baking By CakeMakar Updated 21 Apr 2009 , 8:03pm by CakeMakar

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 12:50am
post #1 of 10

My cupcakes are improving by leaps & bounds. . .I've mastered the even looking, perfect domes & "the swirl." Yet every time I make them, the cake sticks to the liner. No matter which recipe I use, whether box or scratch. I bought an oven thermometer. I tried better quality liners. I thought maybe it was just me until my husband said, "They're almost perfect except you have to eat half the cuppie off the paper." Now I'm frustrated.....

Any ideas why they'd stick?

ETA: I did check the forum, the only advise I found was to let them cool. This happens even the next day. Thanks. icon_biggrin.gif

9 replies
CakeMakar Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 10

No one has any idea?

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:41pm
post #3 of 10

I'm not a cupcake expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I wonder what would happen if you sprayed the liners with cooking spray...

funbun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
funbun Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:49pm
post #4 of 10

Maybe try adding more moisture to your cupcakes. You probably need a denser texture to the cupcake. Are you using a mix or scratch recipe? icon_biggrin.gif

endymion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
endymion Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:55pm
post #5 of 10

How long do you leave them in the metal pan, when they are cooling?

mrscromer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscromer Posted 19 Apr 2009 , 9:58pm
post #6 of 10

have you tried usin foil liners?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 4:21am
post #7 of 10

If they fall off when the cupcakes are too oily, maybe they stick because your cupcakes haven't enough oil ?

CakeMakar Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 10

I've used several different recipes, both scratch & box. They all do it. I haven't tried the foil ones, but I think they're kinda ugly. I'll give them a go and see what they do. I take them out of the tin right away when they come out.
The last time I did made cupcakes, there were two batches, both box mix...A fudge chip (which seemed really moist), and a french vanilla. I used those nice brown liners from the cake shop.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 6:18pm
post #9 of 10

I think I'd try taking them out of the oven a minute or two sooner, or lowering the temperature 25 degrees. Perhaps they are slightly overdone? With a cake, that makes a tiny layer of hard crust.

CakeMakar Posted 21 Apr 2009 , 8:03pm
post #10 of 10

Thanks. I'll try the temp change. I bought a different brand cupcake mix to try out some of the other suggestions, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%