Covering Cake Balls

Decorating By cakecrazy09 Updated 18 Apr 2009 , 2:24pm by Limpy

cakecrazy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy09 Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 4

I am making cake balls for a charity event. I really do not want to dip one at a time. Any suggestions on how to cover in chocolate quickly? I thought maybe I could put the frozen balls (12) in a large bowl pour in the chocolate and then stir them. Would that work? tia

3 replies
Lady_Phoenix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_Phoenix Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 10:18pm
post #2 of 4

That would probably work, but I think you would waste a lot of chocolate that way. Dipping them one at a time really does not take as long as most people think.

cakecrazy09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrazy09 Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 4

Any other suggestions? I really don't want to dip 100 balls one at a time. I would rather spend the time decorating the cake I am making for the auction.

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 18 Apr 2009 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 4

Cake truffles (sounds better than balls. Just me.) do not have to be covered in just chocolate. They can be covered in sifted cocoa powder or even powdered sugar. You can then do a lot of them at once by putting them in a bag & shaking gently. Presentation is everything. I have done the truffles this way & then put them in a really nice mini paper muffin liner & everyone commented how nice they looked (sorry, no photos. When I thought of taking a photo, I went back to the table & they were all gone). Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%