Ha Ha The Cake Scammer Emailed Me Again

Business By costumeczar Updated 28 May 2009 , 5:50pm by angelicconfections

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 17 Apr 2009 , 9:31pm
post #31 of 37

i just hit the "spam" button in my email and thar it goes...

speaking of strange expressions i just came across a birthday card the other day just a simple plain card that said on the front "Happy Birthday."

and on the inside it said "I'm so glad you were born"

........ ok...... (shrugs) yah me too um thanks? lol

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:03pm
post #32 of 37

I just got this same scam! Practically word for word! It didn't seem very fishy to me at first, but with 2 weeks notice and such a HUGE cake for a TUESDAY wedding? It started out really weird with a phone call that seemed to be from a company that did interpretation for deaf people. I just replied that I didn't have the capacity to do such a large cake on such short notice.

AverageMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AverageMom Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:14pm
post #33 of 37

I LOVE scammers! I also love telemarketers, though. I can be entertained for hours playing with those people!

Criola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Criola Posted 22 May 2009 , 5:16pm
post #34 of 37

Likim that site is hillarious!!!

-Tubbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-Tubbs Posted 22 May 2009 , 10:01pm
post #35 of 37

Kinda OT, but funny too - years ago in the UK a man legally changed his name to "Inland Revendie". He opened a bank account in that name, and proceeded to steal mail and deposit cheques for tax payments made out to the Inland Revenue (IRS). Apparantly he made millions before anyone noticed.

Although scammers are infuriating, the balls of these people makes me laugh! Awful for people who get got, though.

lordbuffington Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lordbuffington Posted 27 May 2009 , 5:02pm
post #36 of 37

You know, I work for a sign company and we get scam emails ALL THE TIME for 50 or 100 banners for a "church" that needs sent to Nigeria or some other country. They are clearly scammers, but the sad thing is that a few of my colleagues from different companies have fallen for it.

Just last week I received a call from a touch-tone operator, who proceeded to give me instructions on how to reply to the caller's questions. After the first question, "God Bless I am reverend So-and-So and do you make banners?" I told the operator that this was a scam phone call and he was also likely using a stolen credit card number to place the call. Then I hung up. Same thing happened several months back, only that time the supervisor broke into the call and told me he had reason to believe the call was fraudulent and I was like, YA THINK SO!?

angelicconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelicconfections Posted 28 May 2009 , 5:50pm
post #37 of 37

I love your reply! Have gotten loads of emails like this, sometimes for cakes, dogs, and the whole Beloved Please Help version. A few, ok 6 years ago I decided to go back to school and finish my degree. Since I was already married and had my son with our daughter on the way I applied for student loans. I got a phone call one evening claming to be American Education Services which is a legit student loan company. The scammer claimed that if I paid them xx amount of dollars, a couple of hundred, they would get me up to $50,000 in grants and loans, guarenteed. When I said I needed some time to think about it, he got angry with me. I also asked for thier website and he replied they didn't have one. He got really angry then, calling me stupid and acutally shouting over the phone. I got his phone # earlier in the call and when he got abusive I hung up and called AAES and reported the scam. I wondered how many college students fell for the scam. For just a few hundred we can give you all the money you need! I imagine that some must have, mostly likely a naive kid without much money. I am glad you didn't fall for the scam!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%